Sign in to follow this  

Tank sock - yay or nay

if you ever ride in sand (Glamis) where you'll have to fill up there, you'll get stuff in it.  If it's just fine dust you're going to be seeing, then don't worry.  Personally, I have both the Golan and the tank sock and it's still cheaper than buying a fuel pump...

• Like 1

Too bad he didn't open the Golan and see if the screen was passing dirt to that point.

I've not seen anything in my Golan.  But I've only cleaned it once.  Still on the stock fuel pump filter, so I bet that's got some crud in it.

Dont the Golan filters have a bypass valve if the filter gets clogged and pressure gets too high?  This sounds bad to me.

Are there solutions besides the Golan?  What about the Can Am filters I occasionally read about?

I'm running one, but only because when I switched tanks from my clockwork to Acerbis I noticed the clock work had lots of "stuff/crap" in the bottom of the tank and I did not use a sock on that tank. I was however finding stuff in my inline filter when I checked it/changed it. When I put the Acerbis on I started using the sock. Can't say I've found much in it, but the inline filter sure stays clean now and the bottom of the tank still looks new. I look at it as insurance, might not need it until you need it and you can never predict when that will be. Surely it will be in the middle of nowhere if you have my luck.

I got the Spilt Stream Supersock in my bikes.  I don't think they are a bad idea.  You never know when you are going to get bad gas.  Especially when you are in far away places like Mexico or Barstow. LOL :lol: