Sign in to follow this  

Vendor sent me the wrong tire size - Can I?

Ok guys, I ordered new tires for my XR650L and went with the Mefo Explorer.  I ordered the stock front tire size from on vendor 90/90-21 and received it.  I ordered the rear tire from a separate vendor in the stock 130/90-18 rear size. I received a 130/80-18 from that vendor.  Now they are telling me they've sold 50 of those and I'm the very first person to notice they posted the size in error.  Right, 50 riders don't really notice what tire they are buying/mounting on their bikes.  BS!

They went on to say Mefo does not make a 130/90-18.  I have a very hard time believing that but nevertheless, I can return the tire. 

1) I would have gone with a smaller tire on the front if the retard vendor would have posted a 130/80.

2) Does anyone see any issues running the setup with the slightly smaller rear tire?

3) I've read it's recommended that I have the tube size made for the tire size so now if I keep the wrong size, I need a tube to be on the safe side correct?

4) Does anyone have a site where they've seen a 130/90 that I can purchase from?

Thanks,

THC1

run it,,,,we change tire sizing all the time running as low as a 110 all the way up to a 150 in some cases.it`s not nearly as important as a car since fuel mangement and ABS is not involved......

run it,,you`ll not have an issue..

B

• Like 1

I have a 120/80-18 on mine currently.  What is it that you think is wrong with a 130/80-18 that would somehow be better with a 130/90?

I have also used various different tires in the rear and they all seem to work just fine.  On a bike with as much suspension travel as the XR650L, I don't see how you would notice the difference on a tire that is a quarter inch taller.

Just put it on there and ride the bike.

I have a 120/80-18 on mine currently.  What is it that you think is wrong with a 130/80-18 that would somehow be better with a 130/90?

I have also used various different tires in the rear and they all seem to work just fine.  On a bike with as much suspension travel as the XR650L, I don't see how you would notice the difference on a tire that is a quarter inch taller.

Just put it on there and ride the bike.

I assumed it would be ok but I've read about the tubes too.  You don't think I will have any issues running the same tube as the 130/90 tire?  guess going smaller would be fine.  I wanted the stock size tire which is what I ordered.  I sure wish the retard vendor would have posted it correctly so i could have ended up with a smaller front tire too.  The bike sits a little taller than I would like anyway so that would have helped.  Thaks for the replies.

I have a tube marked as fitting about eight different sizes of rear tires.  I can't imagine there being a tube that would work in either a 130/80 or 130/90 that wouldn't work just as well in the other size.  Tubes are very flexible and fill the space available.