Sign in to follow this  

Dislocated Shoulder Experiences?

I dislocated my shoulder 8 days ago, the kicker is i had rotator cuff surgury a couple years ago on the same shoulder for a pervious crash. This is the first time ive ever dislocated one and my riding buddy popped it back in within 2 minutes of me falling. Went to the doctor and he is very confident that I didnt do any soft tissue damage and that I will make a good recovery. He wants me to wait until next week before doing any PT yet and luckly its feeling better every day.

I just want to know roughly how long its going to take before I'm back to normal. i dont plan on riding for a couple months but I'll wait longer if I have too. Just seeing what other peoples experinces are with a dislocated shoulder. Also, i'm very convinced that a chest protector ofters little to no shoulder protection, what should I wear from now on, i hear alot of people use hockey pads...

A shoulder dislocation is an excellent way to tear a RC. If it is already weakened, then it's a no brainer. This needs to be studied with an MRI

Thank you for the replay Dr. Mark, I've been visiting my shoulder surgon and he isnt going to pull the trigger on an MRI unless he thinks it required. I have another appointment at the end of the week and he will further evaluate me then, but from the initial eval he is confident that my RC is still in tact. I have some minor pain and stiffness in the shoulder but nothing like when i tore it perviously.