Sign in to follow this  

XT 225 2004

I have a 2005 and did the following mods: Z1 exhaust mod--you don't need more than a 1" hole. I did 1 1/8 because I had the hole saw already. Cut the bottom half of the snorkel off and turned it so the opening faced front. Installed UNI filter and put in (2) 1" UNI filter plugs in the side of the airbox. Went from a #125 to #130 main jet, #40 to #42.5 pilot jet and turned airscrew out to 3 turns from bottomed. The latter two speed the warm up time quite a bit. I am at 1200" elevation. Made a big difference over stock. Some people remove the snorkel all together but it is annoyingly noisier. 

Ok I see now, The Z1 mod is just cutting out the baffle.

I'm riding this thing pretty much at sea level, any idea what difference this makes to the jet sizing I will need?

If any one has photos of the snorkel mod that would be great

Stewart,

I don't have a picture, but pull your snorkel out. There is a flange in the middle that holds the snorkel in the air box. You want to cut off the portion below the flange. When you put it back in, turn the curved inlet toward the front of the bike. In its stock position, it faces a small crossmember.

My jetting would be fine at sea level. Good luck!