Best License Plate Holder Solution for EXC

Hi

I have a 2014 350 EXC

The stock fender extension that holds license plate and brake light hangs so far down I am certain it won't last long off road

I have seen the product Sicassracing has, looks pretty clean

are there any others i should consider?

thanks

I took a grinder to mine and cut off everything below the plate. Just spent a week of hard riding and a number of tip overs and she held up great. My friend had the SAR and it also worked great. I like the larger stock lights when street riding. Much more visible.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

I have ran a Sicass racing setup on my last two bikes after getting tire of having my plate ripped off by the rear tire multiple times. I have been happy with it so far as far as low profile size goes. I also like their turn signals! Only complaint is that the weak point of the assembly is the area of two bolts that hold the rear LED bulb in place. Had TWO of them go out on me resulting in complete rear light replacement, which are 75% of the cost of the unit. First time was on my 13' 350exc, the plastic plate under the screw heads cracked and fell part, not allowing the screws to hold the assembly together. I JB welded the entire setup back together and it's still holding up this day a couple years later (probably stronger than ever too). Second time on my 14' 500exc, it rattled itself lose and broke apart against resulting in a need for a complete new rear light assembly again and new hardware as they fell out on the trail. That time my dealer installed it just a couple days before and this all happened on the first ride out, so because their guys forgot to put loctite on it during install they took good care of me and replaced/reinstalled the unit for free. The first time I called Sicass and received no assistance from them except for them offering to sell me a new rear light assembly as regular price, hence the JB weld fix. Point is, while the Sicass is a "solution" for a smaller lower profile option, the brake light is not as well designed, so make sure to put a lot of loctite and maybe even coat the entire rear area of the brake light with JB weld so it never comes loose or brakes easily. 

My brother ordered an ebay sicass look alike version of the plate setup and so far so good after a couple rough rides. So look online for other options if you like. 

I did the same as the others, trimmed the stocker, keeps the plate highly visible (good for a safety stand point, and gives the fuzz one less reason to hassle me), but doesn't look as slick/dirt bike-esque as the XC-W/Sicass or the one on my 06' EXC.

I went with the EE tail light

?EE Tail Light.jpg

And attached the Baja Designs plate holder all the way up under the light.

?BD Designs.jpg

And then I used the flush mount turn signals.  It is all very sleek and out of the way now ?

Looking on their page, the only taillight/fender combo is for older bikes. Does this one fit the 12-14 EXC's?

Rear Tail light Section for KTM/Husaberg, KTM 2008-2010 XC/XCW 2011 XCW Husaberg 2011-2012 250/300 TE

Sku No: 30-701RT

• 1 year later...

I installed the Sicass low profile blinkers on my 2014 KTM 500 EXC, they fell apart after a month of off road riding, hard plastic base with one bolt, did not stand up to the off road vibrations. I had to epoxy them back on several times. I will be replacing the entire rear lighting this year. Checking EE and KTM XC/W replacement parts. I wanted to try the Sicass rear fender and taillight but once bitten...

• 4 weeks later...

No doubt the xcw set up is the Best way, if your state will pass for inspection with xcw tail light, and you sheel out the money to buy it..

after constant eating of 3 license plates, nearly every time from jumping.  for no cost this basic premise works, modify any way you like, but no more eating plates, its been thoroughly tested.

newplate.jpg

Edited by Spud786
  • Like 1

So I see all these other options but what's wrong with the sicass? I honestly don't even know, with the smoke blinkers if it's legal in GA. After spending a while online looking all I got was a maybe

The XC-W OEM holder is $19 through RMATV for the 300 XC-W. It's closer to $39 for the Sicass one. The 300 one is a direct fit for the same model years.