Sign in to follow this  

1985 Honda XL350r

Hello,

I have a 1985 Honda XL350r that I am thinking about selling. It is in great shape with only a few scratches on the number plates. It is all original and has 5900 miles on it. It has a brand new rear tire and the front isn't that old either. This is the dual carb, dual exhaust model, and has some serious power. Any ideas on what it would be worth? I was thinking if I got 1500 for it that seemed about right but wasn't sure. Any thoughts would be great. Also if you would be interested in it let me know. Thanks.

Somewhere between $1000-$1500 is reasonable. Closer to $1500 if it has all the right paperwork, and is original, down to the street legal stuff. Best bet would be to list on an auction site, $1000 reserve, and see where it lands. If it truly is as clean as you say, between a few bidders, somewhere north of $2k wouldnt be unheard of.

Edited by ickfinger

That's a Big maybe IF it's as clean as all that.

Short of looking like it came off the showroom floor it's a $500-1,000 tops.

I dont know about Indiana,but here in NY, any complete dualsport is worth $1000. Any under $1000 you dont wanna own.

That's a Big maybe IF it's as clean as all that.

Short of looking like it came off the showroom floor it's a $500-1,000 tops.

Here on West coast prices are much higher and 350 was a great mid size bike

looking on Ebay confirms $1200 will get you titleless junk. $1500 can buy a nice XR350 and $4k will get a near showroom.

Not in the midwest. You can buy a really clean old bike for 1,000 every day. Very limited market for 30 year old bikes. 

Now if it's really clean enough to be collectable then yeh, but 99% of those aren't really, and then around here, not worth much. 

My 85 XR350

Before:  Had it for sale for 3+ months asking $1600 and couldn't sell it.

DSC00048.jpg

So kept it and kept tweaking it. But even now I'd be lucky to get 2k for it.  

WP_000002_zps98a34771.jpg