Sign in to follow this  

Crf150rb 2007 wont cold start

hi i purchased this crf from the previous owner he informed me honda dealers rebuilt the bike and it only has 4 hours into it sounds ok so i took the bike home we are at same sea level btw the bike will never cold start no matter how many kicks i give it even if i choke it i changed the air filther cleaned the carb 2 times i have to push start it with choke before i even getting running right once it warms up it rides perfect and start on first kick this has me confused i had a ttr-125l before same problem it was that the floats where a little bent but i checked on the 150r it seems alright i dont know if i need to do the valve clerance but i imagine the dealers would had adjusted it right? please help im running out of options also the bike brings a fuel mixture adjusture under the carburator the needle for it is aftermarket and kept falling off making the bike run horrible so i put a spring in it and adjusted it to where the bikes runs fine but cold start the bike is dead compression is good and spark plug seems just right any suggestions?

Edited by erniekiller24

I Never trust anyone's work when purchasing a used motorcycle, car, truck.

I already know that I will go through and check EVERYTHING front to rear, top to bottom.

I don't care who owned it or who sold it to me.

The last thing I want is to break down some where or crash and get hurt because "well they should have checked that"

So get a OEM factory Honda shop manual and start with the valve adjustment first and then do a leak down test so you will know that the basics are correct (or not) before you throw a bunch of money in your new bike guessing it's this or that.

Save your self some time & money right off the start and diagnose the exact problem(s) first.

Repair ALL known problems first before moving on to "guessing" the "unknown"

Edited by adnohguy
  • Like 2