Sign in to follow this  

Drz400sm exhaust

Does anyone know of the loudest exhaust for this been looking everywhere but can't find a definitive answer! I'm looking for something that is crazy loud but still gives good performance upgrades, if anyone could help or even point me in the right direction, that would be great, thanks in advance :))

Does anyone know of the loudest exhaust for this been looking everywhere but can't find a definitive answer! I'm looking for something that is crazy loud but still gives good performance upgrades, if anyone could help or even point me in the right direction, that would be great, thanks in advance :))

theres only 1 exhaust thats worth spending ur hard earned on for a dizzer, MRD Z PRO it ticks all the boxes  :thumbsup:

Edited by carlspeaky
  • Like 1

Thanks lads, I'll still do my research but I am siding towards that exhaust, is there any difference between single and double exhausts? Was looking at a yoshi dual exhaust but not sure if there's any point!

Snazeh , the yoshi dual might sound nice , but it isnt a performance upgrade ( more visual ) The MRD is a known loud pipe aswell as giving the best performance to a worked DRZ . Yoshimura have some loud pipes also , the RS3 comes to mind , when I think of noise , but they are very expensive . There is no better value than the MRD , it is one of the cheapest exhaust systems and gives the best performance , plus it makes a lot of noise . 107 db supposedly , greg 

• Like 1

Wow. Never heard anyone want crazy loud but good performance. Usually people want great performance and will deal with loud. Do you just hate your hearing? Even with earplugs the mrd seems to be affecting my hearing. I wouldn't put it on if I had it all to do again.

Most open pipes are loud....if you go stroker with fcr (more open air box) you will make it even more louder because of the larger displacement and induction noise

DRZ 400 NOISE LEVEL COMPARISON (courtesy of Dave@MRD)

1. VERY VERY QUIET ……… STOCK DRZ 400 ( SOUNDS LIKE A STOCKER )

2. VERY QUIET ………… STOCK DRZ 400 WITH FMF Q MUFFLER 

3. QUIET ……… STOCK DRZ 400 WITH TYPICAL AFTERMARKET PIPE W/ DECENT FLOWING QUIET INSERT INSTALLED 

4. QUIET …….. DRZ 400 WITH FCR /CAMS / TYPICAL AFTERMARKET PIPE W/DECENT FLOWING QUIET INSERT 

5. MIDDLE OF NOISE RANGE …… STOCK DRZ 400 WITH TYPICAL AFTERMARKET PIPE ( NO QUIET INSERT )

6. LOUD ……….DRZ 400 FCR / CAMS / WITH AFTERMARKET PIPE ( NO INSERT )

7. VERY LOUD ………. DRZ 400 FULL MOD BIGBORE /STROKER WITH TYPICAL AFTERMARKET PIPE W/ DECENT FLOWING QUIET INSERT

8. VERY VERY LOUD ….. DRZ 400 FULL MOD BIGBORE /STROKER WITH OPEN PIPE……(SOUNDS LIKE A 450CC MX BIKE WITH A RACE PIPE )

9. RIDICULOUS LOUD ……. DRZ 400 FULL MOD BIGBORE STROKER WITH OPEN PIPE WITH BLOWNOUT PACKING ( SOUNDS LIKE HELL )

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 2