Sign in to follow this  

Tire Size question from a newbie

I read that tire sizes like 70/100x19 convert to 2.75" high, 2.75" wide for a 19" rim. Would this tire then be the same as a 2.75x19 tire? I ask because I'm looking for a dual sport tire for my TTR125 that will fit. The only exactly sized ones still available are the Kenda Trakmasters which are knobby and I was looking for something closer to 50/50 road-offroad, if not more road. By searching for 2.75x19 tires I get a lot more options. According to my manual, the stock rims are 19" tall x 1.4" wide on the front and 16" tall x 1.6" wide on the back. The stock rear tire is 90/100-16, so that would be a 3.5x16 I guess. Anyone who's done it before, please help :)

Dude,

This is a dual sport ADV section ... I think you could find tire info in the Yamaha section of "dirt bikes". Look for your model in the sub forums. Owners of that same bike might help out ...

or you could open your owners manual ... :banghead:

Edited by 54321

This is more of a general question than anything. The fact that its for a TTR is just background info, I've done extensive searching on the TTR sub-forum and Google as well. And of course the owner's manual is only going to specify the original tire size, which is not what I'm asking for here. This is posted in the dual sport section because I'm also looking for suggestions on dual sport tires. To put my question more simply, would a 2.75"x19" tire fit on a 19"x1.4" rim?

Edited by justusdude

I read that tire sizes like 70/100x19 convert to 2.75" high, 2.75" wide for a 19" rim. Would this tire then be the same as a 2.75x19 tire? I ask because I'm looking for a dual sport tire for my TTR125 that will fit. The only exactly sized ones still available are the Kenda Trakmasters which are knobby and I was looking for something closer to 50/50 road-offroad, if not more road. By searching for 2.75x19 tires I get a lot more options. According to my manual, the stock rims are 19" tall x 1.4" wide on the front and 16" tall x 1.6" wide on the back. The stock rear tire is 90/100-16, so that would be a 3.5x16 I guess. Anyone who's done it before, please help :)

My references show a 70/100 ~ 90/80 ~ 2.75 to 3.00 inch. Should work but would double check with supplier. If you have some extra clearance you should be good to go.

Mike