Sign in to follow this  

Kick stand switch delete

Ok, Ive been searching for this, but every thread I find for some reason shows no pictures....I found a you tub video of some dude that had a plug with a jumper, but the link was bad....any way I figure Ill just cut the wires and solder them together, but can anyone tell me if I should do the cut on the switch side or on the harness side of where the plugs meet?

• Like 1

I think it depends on whether you are going to sell the bike later on , and if the cut out switch will make a difference in the sale , as in the bike is sold standard as opposed to heavily modified . I cut and joined mine on the harness side , as by the time I ever sell it , it wont matter . It`ll be old and abused , but if you want to keep as close to standard as possible , then I would cut and join the switch side . Some people have even sourced a wiring connector for the harness and made a new loop and plugged it in , this way they dont cut any wires and you can just replug the old harness in if you want to convert back to factory , greg

• Like 2

I agree with the above, mine has both the clutch and kick stand safety switches bypassed. But I also don't plan on selling mine anytime soon (already had it for 4yrs and plan on much longer). On mine the harness side of the plug is cut off, then I stripped back the wires, soldered them up and used a couple layers of shrink wrap to protect the connection. Now I can start the bike one handed provided it's in neutral anyways. haha

• Like 1

Ok, Ive been searching for this, but every thread I find for some reason shows no pictures....I found a you tub video of some dude that had a plug with a jumper, but the link was bad....any way I figure Ill just cut the wires and solder them together, but can anyone tell me if I should do the cut on the switch side or on the harness side of where the plugs meet?

Here is the plug. Saves end incase you want to sell bike with switch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-DRZ-400-E-S-SM-all-models-Side-Stand-Switch-Eliminator-Bypass-kit-/261058816713

• Like 1