Sign in to follow this  

Yoshi exhaust

Hey guys,

I just bought a DRZ recently. And this coming winter I'm planning on stripping it down, having the frame powder coated and changing up a few things. One of those might be the exhaust. I currently have a yoshi system on it. It came with the bike. So idk much about it. If I do get a new one I'm thinking either the rs4 set up or the mrd ssw. My question is, is it worth changing for more than just the look? Idk where my current exhaust rates with those two performance/sound wise. That's all I could find for a tag on the system. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407554643.540073.jpg

Hey guys,

I just bought a DRZ recently. And this coming winter I'm planning on stripping it down, having the frame powder coated and changing up a few things. One of those might be the exhaust. I currently have a yoshi system on it. It came with the bike. So idk much about it. If I do get a new one I'm thinking either the rs4 set up or the mrd ssw. My question is, is it worth changing for more than just the look? Idk where my current exhaust rates with those two performance/sound wise. That's all I could find for a tag on the system. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407554643.540073.jpg

Nothing is going to be a noticeable improvement in performance over what you have.

Whether it's worth swapping for looks alone is strictly a personal question, your taste and your bank account.

But in general I think most dirt riders would vote no, not just for looks. Unless yours is trashed and dented all up, then I'd swap it too.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I just bought a DRZ recently. And this coming winter I'm planning on stripping it down, having the frame powder coated and changing up a few things. One of those might be the exhaust. I currently have a yoshi system on it. It came with the bike. So idk much about it. If I do get a new one I'm thinking either the rs4 set up or the mrd ssw. My question is, is it worth changing for more than just the look? Idk where my current exhaust rates with those two performance/sound wise. That's all I could find for a tag on the system. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407554643.540073.jpg

Yoshimura is one of the best exhaust systems.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

What you have is a Yosh Ti system....It's the older TRS muffler which was updated with the TRC model...

it's rates in "the top of the heap" neck of the woods....equal to the MRD Z-Pro (new name for ssw/mrd) in performance..but mucho lighter in weight...

In fact it would be the lightest system you could buy for a DRZ....

These pipes are unavailable now, my advice would be to keep it mate..... :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Ok that's basically what I was looking for. Im new to the DRZ life lol but I'm really enjoy it and want to make it my own. Thanks for the advise though. I can put that money else where lol

Mite I suggest a Big bore kit and a deposit on an Fcr conversion kit or vice versa.....

OR.....Hotcams cams and quality big bore kit combo would be about equal to what you would have to pay for a top of the line Yosh Ti....

there is always something we can help you spend your money on.....lol

BTW,,,,Where are the new bike pics..???.....huh... :D

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 2

Only pic I have at the moment lol and from what the guy told me, he had gotten it form a buddy who sent the motor to yoshi to have some work done to it. He's still supposed to be getting me paperwork for that. Otherwise I have no way of verifying if this is true lol ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407705660.263647.jpg

• Like 3