Sign in to follow this  

whats this sound 04rm125

hey guys. My bike was making a clicking sound last week.  it needed a top end anyways so i went ahead and tore it down.  The connecting rod had no up and down play at all and side to side was minimal.  The piston wasnt in the greatest shape but my cylinder looked great.  I dropped in a wiseco GP piston and started er up for my first heat cycle.  To my dread the little knock was still there.  I shot a video after my second heat cycle.  engine revs up nice and falls off pretty quick aswell.  little blue smoke.  its jetted perfect. a 360main and 35pilot needle at stock setting. has fmf pipe and a shorty silencer thats just been re packed.

can anyone help?

http://youtu.be/fIG9oijPDfM

Mine has always made the same noise.  I bought it with 10 hrs on it from new, and even had the cylinder plated and sized to a Vertex piston (not because of the noise, but for other reasons...), and that subtle clicking is still there.

I just wrote it off to being a Suzuki (my first RM).  The engine is as tight as new, and I've checked EVERYthing I can think of.   Now I'm just waiting for it to blow up so I have a good excuse to buy a new bike.   :lol:

About 10 hours.  The more I hear mine, I think it's something being magnified through the pipe or pipe springs.