Sign in to follow this  

Looking for nice footpegs and rear brake pedal.

Hello djTroy,

I purchased 150 pegs from Rockymountainatv.com for about $60.  The maker was TUSK, which is the house brand.  I actually filed down the middle teeth on it because it made for a more solid feel.

note:  Whatever you get, make sure you get them for a 150 and not a 230.  The 150 pegs are higher.  Since these bikes don't have a lot of ground clearance, it becomes a big deal.  If you go to your local store and look at both bikes, you'll see the difference.  They both work, but the difference is huge!!!

• Like 1

Hello djTroy,

I purchased 150 pegs from Rockymountainatv.com for about $60. The maker was TUSK, which is the house brand. I actually filed down the middle teeth on it because it made for a more solid feel.

note: Whatever you get, make sure you get them for a 150 and not a 230. The 150 pegs are higher. Since these bikes don't have a lot of ground clearance, it becomes a big deal. If you go to your local store and look at both bikes, you'll see the difference. They both work, but the difference is huge!!!

Don't know about "Huge"

If your six feet tall, 13mm is not very much IMO

Don't know about "Huge"

If your six feet tall, 13mm is not very much IMO

I should clarify.  When I said "huge", I wasn't talking about the platform size.  More so, I was talking about the height of the peg.

I didn't measure it, but if it's 13mm, that's close to a 1/2 inch so that's like 5% higher.  Either way, it's something you have to consider when you ride these bikes.  The ground clearance is an issue.

Brake pedal you really have two options: Hammerhead, and Moose Racing (made by Hammerhead) darn near the same: http://www.mooseracing.com/products/?productGroupId=78467&productId=166504&yr=2003&mk=38&md=399

I like stainless steel footpegs cuz they're stronger than alum and because of that are made thinner, and mud typically clears better/teeth stay sharp longer. 

MSR footpegs: two kinds: standard (sharp) and 'soft' (rounded cleats - don't get this one) http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-frame-accessories/footpegs/msr-standard-footpegs?m=18018

These look like the MOST BADASS footpegs EVER for our crf's! Reviews are really good for them too, makes sense, pivoting...? I think I'd like them to pivot forward for easier shifter/brake access, but I'd like no backward tilt, so stop at horizontal going back... Pivot Pegz Mark 3http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/PIVOT-PEGZ-MARK-3-PIVOT-PEGZ 

Before you guys get into it thanks for the info. I have a fully converted crf150 with full cr85 suspension and a BBR 175 kit. I def dont have to worry about clearance issues. This thing is tall.

Thanks for all the tips fellas.

Before you guys get into it thanks for the info. I have a fully converted crf150 with full cr85 suspension and a BBR 175 kit. I def dont have to worry about clearance issues. This thing is tall.

Thanks for all the tips fellas.

Hey Djtroy,

I know this is off topic, but did u use the cr85 back shock? If so could u scoop me on what you did to your cr85 shock besides clearance your frame and shorten the bottom shock clevis? Valving? Oil? Also do u remember the spring info?

You can pm the answer if u want...