Sign in to follow this  

Talon Hubs on a AF YZ

Can someone with Talon hubs on their YZ take a pic of their front wheel, specificly the spacers?

I bought a set of used wheels in great condition but  it looks like I may be missing a spacer? From what I have read you can't use the stock spacers with Talon hubs. Any advice  /pointers on  Talon Hubs is appreciated. I thought it was weird that you have to press out the "sleeve" in the rear hub to get the bearings out?

Can someone with Talon hubs on their YZ take a pic of their front wheel, specificly the spacers?

I bought a set of used wheels in great condition but  it looks like I may be missing a spacer? From what I have read you can't use the stock spacers with Talon hubs. Any advice  /pointers on  Talon Hubs is appreciated. I thought it was weird that you have to press out the "sleeve" in the rear hub to get the bearings out?

You can't see much by looking at them. Be aware that the brake side rear bearing flogs out fairly quickly on the Talon Hubs.

You can't see much by looking at them. Be aware that the brake side rear bearing flogs out fairly quickly on the Talon Hubs.

Any thoughts why?  I have seen some people with failed bearings gone terribly wrong after they didn't catch it.

Any chance the inner aluminum sleeve is too short allowing too much side load on the bearings?  Just wondering Im glad for the tip

Any thoughts why?  I have seen some people with failed bearings gone terribly wrong after they didn't catch it.

Any chance the inner aluminum sleeve is too short allowing too much side load on the bearings?  Just wondering Im glad for the tip

Basically the Talon hub utilises 3 small bearings 2 on the drive sprocket side and one on the brake side. Subsequently the single one on the brake side wears quicker.

I do the usual stuff like used sealed bearings and pre-pack them. Looking at my service record I change the rear bearings around every 100 hours.