Sign in to follow this  

Yz85 Exhaust o-rings

After an extensive, annoying rebuild, I'm putting my '05 yz85 back together. Almost done when I realize a few problems on the exhaust. (i have an fmf fatty gold) 

1:the pipe goes in at a slight angle into the engine (i'll look at engine mounts but not my worry)

2: My tusk o-rings are too big for the pipe (aren't thick enough) so they can get caught inserting the pipe and probably won't seal well

^That worries me, because I think that issue is that they're o-rings for the stock pipe, and I can't find any made for the fmf pipe at all. They have a spring and o-ring kit but not made for my bike.

Please Help

-anything is appreciated, thanks 

After an extensive, annoying rebuild, I'm putting my '05 yz85 back together. Almost done when I realize a few problems on the exhaust. (i have an fmf fatty gold)

1:the pipe goes in at a slight angle into the engine (i'll look at engine mounts but not my worry)

2: My tusk o-rings are too big for the pipe (aren't thick enough) so they can get caught inserting the pipe and probably won't seal well

^That worries me, because I think that issue is that they're o-rings for the stock pipe, and I can't find any made for the fmf pipe at all. They have a spring and o-ring kit but not made for my bike.

Please Help

-anything is appreciated, thanks

The fmf rings will be the same size as the standard oem rings.sounds like your pipe could be bent from a knock or slightly off from the factory.i've used the standard o rings on fmf,pro circuit and scalvini pipes with no problem.and the fact that fmf does'nt make them for your 85 says alot.try some genuine yamaha rings and use plenty of grease on them and in the pipe grooves for a smooth install and better sealing.the pipe mount's could be bent or out of line aswell,and usually bend back ok. Edited by smez