Sign in to follow this  

To open or not to open a sealed Bearing?

Hi folks

I have this question because I'm rebuilding the water pump on my 09 Crf 450R. And where I live we don't have too much access to parts. Soooo the only bearing I found it's sealed. I heard that very carefully you can remove the seals. ( on my understanding this bearing is open because is intended to be lubricated with the engine oil and at the same time it has to allow the oil to lubricate the oil seal.). Please help! We are pretty much alone here. No good mechanics no access to parts so me have to do magic sometimes.

Thanks in advance

( sorry for my English is very very rusty)

MatimotoF1

Hi folks

I have this question because I'm rebuilding the water pump on my 09 Crf 450R. And where I live we don't have too much access to parts. Soooo the only bearing I found it's sealed. I heard that very carefully you can remove the seals. ( on my understanding this bearing is open because is intended to be lubricated with the engine oil and at the same time it has to allow the oil to lubricate the oil seal.). Please help! We are pretty much alone here. No good mechanics no access to parts so me have to do magic sometimes.

Thanks in advance

( sorry for my English is very very rusty)

MatimotoF1

should be totally fine,just pop the seals.

Ya you can pop the seals out and run it no problem.the bearings are essentially the same with or without the seal they just add seals and the bearing number usually adds RS to it.

Thank you guys! Like you said I just pop the seals out and all it's good!

Thank you for your answers!!