Sign in to follow this  

Where does this plug in

This plug comes out of the main wiring harness. It has black and blue wires and its missing its male companion. Ive checked the diagrams but found no help there.

It may make no difference to where it may go but my bike isn't charging my battery and the headlight isnt working.

Please help me find out where it goes

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407599983.668763.jpg

I'm guessing it's an '02 or older bike but you don't have it listed nor do you mention it in your post.  That could be helpful.

I see a tail light plug with a black and a blue wire on an 02 wiring diagram.  The 03 also has a yellow wire.

The voltage regulator is mounted on the left-hand side of the steering head, behind the headlight.

Remove the seat and fuel tank and follow the wires from the regulator and see what you get.

given the location, that it is a 3 wire plug and it has a black and blue wire....i think it is for the rear tail light.  you should have the other matching 3 wire side for the taillight that includes, blue, yellow and black wire.

Hmm maybe it was for the stock one but it has the tusk dual sport kit. I never noticed it before being a loose plug but its dirty like it hasnt been plugged in for a long time so that sounds like the answer.

Now to address the charging system... I had the stator tested by a local dealer and they said it was good. They did suggest i try my dads 06 stator to see if that does it. While im at it I'll try the rectifier as well. I guess i have a bit of a plan but i still could use suggestions