Gsxr750 in an 01 yz426 frame

Oh, you must be mistaking me for someone else... I never built a kart but a buddy of mine did. I texted him and he said MotionPro made him a clutch cable. He said he thinks it ran him right around $40-50. They will build it exactly to your specs. 

https://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/

Edited by BDubb106

Youre right, got you mixed up with someone else! My bad! And yeah, I actually was able to modify the cable's metal "elbows" and reworked the routing and BARELY got it to fit!

Is it tight at all through any range of the motion? IDK if I would trust it if there is even a thought of it getting bound up. That is a lot of power between your legs to have your clutch suddenly go goofy on you. 

• Like 2

Don't have MP make you a cable, you can do it yourself for about 10. Buy some cable housing, cable, acid core solder, and some small brass round stock that is approximately the same size as your OEM cable ends. Drill a hole that is barely larger than the cable through the brass stock, then follow with a larger drill bit halfway through the brass. Put the cable through it, then fray the cable ends out. Then, melt the acid core solder to fill the hole. Repeat all of the above steps for the other side of the cable, but make sure to slide the cable housing over the cable first.

This is how I did it in my kart and it has worked for a while now

I found a clutch cable for this bike that is 12" over stock for $28. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Also, NST Motorsports is goin to take my harness and wire it up (and cut out all unnecessary wires) and install an ignition switch/start button. Next weekend the bike will make its way to paint!!

Im considering metal flake green? And suggestions?

Don't have MP make you a cable, you can do it yourself for about 10. Buy some cable housing, cable, acid core solder, and some small brass round stock that is approximately the same size as your OEM cable ends. Drill a hole that is barely larger than the cable through the brass stock, then follow with a larger drill bit halfway through the brass. Put the cable through it, then fray the cable ends out. Then, melt the acid core solder to fill the hole. Repeat all of the above steps for the other side of the cable, but make sure to slide the cable housing over the cable first.

This is how I did it in my kart and it has worked for a while now

I see  a lot of bicycle cables come with the end soldered instead of the little crimp on cap and when i have to cut a cable, and i try to duplicate the soldered end the solder never sticks, ive tried acid flux paste, rosin core solder, silver solder, and "LEAD FREE plumbing solder" i used a soldering iorn and a propane torch (even got the cable glowing red hot afraid i was ruining it solder just skipps off)

That's pretty much how you install a spelter socket except we use zinc instead of solder.  Forgot to add that is the strongest wire rope connection.

where do you get the zinc?

is it a powder or a wire?

do you think this would fix my failed cable soldering attempts?

is it expensive?

We are usually pouring 2.5" diameter sockets.  The zinc comes in small 5lb ingots.  For small quantities on the cheap head to your closest marine store and pick up some pencil zincs.  They are used for cathodic protection and are only a couple bucks each.

A low viscosity epoxy also works

You have to "broom" the wire properly.  The instructions are on page 73:
  http://www.thecrosbygroup.com/portals/0/docs/manuals/9992320.pdf

• Like 1

Not sure of the rules of hill climbs but could you use one of the number plate style fuel tanks? If the bike only runs for 20 seconds that should be plenty of fuel. This way you could modify the original tank as a hollowed out dummy for seat fit and overall look of the bike. This seems like a crazy fun bike. Good luck.

• Like 1

I see  a lot of bicycle cables come with the end soldered instead of the little crimp on cap and when i have to cut a cable, and i try to duplicate the soldered end the solder never sticks, ive tried acid flux paste, rosin core solder, silver solder, and "LEAD FREE plumbing solder" i used a soldering iorn and a propane torch (even got the cable glowing red hot afraid i was ruining it solder just skipps off)

where do you get the zinc?

is it a powder or a wire?

do you think this would fix my failed cable soldering attempts?

is it expensive?

I've found it was either plating or some sort of 'oil' on the cable that prevented solder from 'sticking'. By sanding or filing until the end wires were shiny often resolved the issue.