Sign in to follow this  

Motocross des Nations USA

I guess Dungey had a change of heart?   Dungey, Tomac, JMart.

I think we have a good team each of them riding really well right now.  Let's hope we can bring it back to Merica ! 

I guess Dungey had a change of heart? Dungey, Tomac, JMart.

I think we have a good team each of them riding really well right now. Let's hope we can bring it back to Merica !

The wildcard is Jeremy

250 guys are hit or miss lately. They kick ass here and win the championship then crack under the pressure at the MXDN 50% of the time

• Like 3

The wildcard is Jeremy

250 guys are hit or miss lately. They kick ass here and win the championship then crack under the pressure at the MXDN 50% of the time

True, but ET was flyin last year, just made a mistake late in a moto with no time to recover. Was on his way to stickin it in on KR though.

Hopefully the MX2 crowd will NOT take J-Mart seriously. You see where that sort of thinking landed the AMA 250 riders :D

I watched Martin at Unadilla yesterday, he was a good choice. As always this will boil down to which Dungey shows up. I think he's heard enough about it and will bring his A game.

Team USA needs to bring their A game. It's a team effort and everyone needs to ride up to potential. The Euro's aren't second rate slackers like so many believe, they are every bit as fast and sometimes faster than AMA. We have had success in the des Nations because we have such a deep talent pool, something the other countries could only dream of. Still, they manage to compete quite well and sometimes are victorious...not because they are lucky, but because they compete on a World circuit against world class competition, something many of us here in the States refuse to acknowledge. I know people like to point at the numerous World Championship riders that have made the leap to AMA, only to find limited success in a lot of cases, but the same would hold true for AMA champs crossing over, that just doesn't happen because the deals aren't as lucrative and (insert any of 52 other reasons). I hope RV does race MX1...IMO it's not happening...then we would all see how stiff the comp is across the pond. Most would be shocked. 

Edit: BTW Go  :usa:

Edited by OKVet
  • Like 3

RV would do very well across the pond. He has a focus and determination second to none. If racing overseas would reinvigorate his desire he'd be a winner.

Its a sand track so you never know. With Ken choosing not to race and Herlings out, America has a good shot. 

• Like 2

Its a sand track so you never know. With Ken choosing not to race and Herlings out, America has a good shot. 

Agreed, but not sand like Lomel, sand like moto 338 or even a bit more shallow. We have a damn good shot...

Those guys are going to dominate...3 professionals who will take the task head on....You're looking at Dungey potentially coming off an outdoor champtionship, Tomac who's Mr. Patriotic and will put in 110% and Martin also potentially grabbing the outdoor title...this is a strong team

Can't see the US losing this year, unless Belgium really pulls off a day for the ages. Dungey looks better than he has in two years, and Tomac knows he needs to make up for last year. Jmart will be solid, not much flaps that kid.

• Like 1

But mxdn is a place where anything can happen to any team so no one should assume

Who would have ever dreamed two Minnesotans on the Des Nations team.  And then to have a Coloradoan as the third?  WTF?

• Like 1

Who would have ever dreamed two Minnesotans on the Des Nations team.  And then to have a Coloradoan as the third?  &%$#@!?

It's because California has been over run by &%$#@!s since the 70's

• Like 2

It's because California has been over run by &%$#@!s since the 70's

If the environmentalist wackos had their way, they'd have us pulling our electric bikes with a Prius

to all of the tracks that they've closed down to build greenhouses.  :banghead:

I'm almost surprised any tracks are still open.

My money is on team usa this year (for what it's worth).