Sign in to follow this  

for my son...

my son turns 5 in a few days and we just returned from a camping trip where he spent a lot of time on his pw50.....looking to try and get him something a lil bit bigger.  when he rides it he seems ready for a some more speed, and when he jumped it he definitely needs more suspension....my question is what would be a good fit, he could probably handle something a bit taller but not super tall, not ready for a clutch yet... any advice is appreciated.

i went from a pw50 at age 2, then ktm 50 mini, then ktm senior adventure, then ktm pro senior, depending on his size i would go with the senior adventure. all three of our ktms are for sale as well if your interested

thanks...you are a little far away from Colorado...he is a tad taller than most 5 year olds we know ......there is a ktm pro senior on a local craigslist here that I was looking at.  was kinda thinking about going with something clutchless that still required shifting to slowly work him into it.

thanks...you are a little far away from Colorado...he is a tad taller than most 5 year olds we know ......there is a ktm pro senior on a local craigslist here that I was looking at.  was kinda thinking about going with something clutchless that still required shifting to slowly work him into it.

im sure he will catch on quick to shifting, my brother learned on our quad but he cant get the consept of shifting at high rpms so he rides it maxxed out usually. pro senior is a great bike, ours has enough power to move me around and even spin the tire sometimes and im 160 lol. what about a ktm60 or 65

right now im kind of leaning towards the pro senior....maybe its because the guy who has it is looking for something smaller, like the pw50 I have in the garage.  it looks like my son could still ride it even after he grows some more...

maybe I should mention too at this point there is no racing.....its mostly tooling around and maybe when I get something that is a little bit more peppy some mild trails,jumping small hills and want not

• Like 2

I'd recommend that KTM.

My nephews had cobras lems and ktms over the years.

The lems & ktms worked great.

We didn't have much luck on the cobras.

Just our experience.

Good luck.