Sign in to follow this  

dual sport kit for a ttr125

Going to put a ds kit on my girlfreinds ttr125 was thinking about putting the tusk one it with possibly an acerbis headlight

Has any one done the tusk kit? I know bd kits are popular but could get the tusk for half the price. Dont know it would be better to order for wr250 or ttr250 would be best let me know if anyone has info on whicj kit to buy

Thanks

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1156/-/219888/Tusk-Motorcycle-Enduro-Lighting-Kit?v=3728

If you are ok with wiring things then the Tusk kit will save you bucks.

If you get googly eyed looking at a bundle of wiring, pay the $ and get the BD.

I"ve done both and it's that simple. Tusk kit doesn't come pre setup with a battery connection to the stator ect, so you have to wing that part.  They use the same taillight and I think turnsignals. The BD kit will come ready to plug and play with wiring ends to mate to your factory harness. The Tusk kit doens't and you have to cut and solder or add matching ends.  And don't forget the headlight cost in comparing. 

If you go Tusk, PM me, I've got everything to DS my 400, but not going to now. White headlight. 

Edited by MindBlower

I got the tusk kit. It is installed and was pretty easy to install for the most part. Comes with diagrams and such. The only complaint I have about it is that the part of tue harness that come from the switch to the harness isnt hot and has to be either ran from an exixting light harness or wired to the battery. Can you post a pic of the light you got. We didnt grt a light yet cause I was gonne use leds but I may do like an acerbis light and fairing now

Oh and it does come with battery leads. Has a nice plug with 2 small termal conectors that fit the battery perfect on the ttr, I did however have to add my own terminal eyelets on tje vapor power leads

If I were doing this on my own bike I might have purchased a kot from procyle since it has more options/add ons within the kit more than tje tusk enduro kit but still near half tje price of the bd kit