Sign in to follow this  

Dealer Service Turnaround Times?

So I drop the bike in for service - running like total sh** - and since I wasn't in a particular rush I didn't ask them how long it would be before they look at it.

One week later they haven't looked at it and tell me it will be 5 more days till they get to it.

This is all new to me. Is this unusual with bikes? I try to be fair minded in my business dealings so I don't want to be jerk and start raising hell. I'm tempted to just take the bike back before they look at it.

Thoughts?

Time is a pretty important variable with anything. It should have been brought up by either party involved beforehand. Call a few more local shops and see what their repair schedules are like. If you are not satisfied with the current shop take it to another.

Seems pretty usual around my parts. Especially if you drop it off at a dealer.

Find a smaller shop, someone who knows what they're doing, build a friendship with them, practice good business (meaning don't try to bargain them down more on labour or ask for a deep discount) and over time they can have your bike back to you in a day or two...

Yea, i should have asked. Just figured I didn't  need the bike for a week and so it wouldn't be an issue. Live and learn. I'm not gonna fight with these guys - yet.

All the little guys around here focus on cruisers so I brought it to the dealer. We'll see.