Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Good for....trying to avoid spoiler...

Yea that woulda been cool too. I mean I am not a hugeeee Canard fan. I just like to see em comeback from all the injuries he has had and ride real well that long....after all the work I am sure it took to get back to that point. Anyone who rides mx even at a scrub level like me knows how hard it is to put in a handful of GOOD laps (relatively speaking) even when you think you're in "pretty good shape". To ride a whole solid pro moto with a strong group nipping at your heels...is a good effort...and would take a LOT of work to achieve for anyone.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF
  • Like 3

Yea that woulda been cool too. I mean I am not a hugeeee Canard fan. I just like to see em comeback from all the injuries he has had and ride real well that long....after all the work I am sure it took to get back to that point. Anyone who rides mx even at a scrub level like me knows how hard it is to put in a handful of GOOD laps (relatively speaking) even when you think you're in "pretty good shape". To ride a whole solid pro moto with a strong group nipping at your heels...is a good effort...and would take a LOT of work to achieve for anyone.

it's impossible for most regardless of the work. In my opinion Trey is every bit the bad ass RV is, sure Trey doesn't have the same credentials but had he been dealt a slightly different hand the while thing could be different. Trey did beat rv straight up his rookie year for an sx title, and to spend as much time injured as he had and still be as quick as he is just amazes me.
  • Like 5

it's impossible for most regardless of the work. In my opinion Trey is every bit the bad ass RV is, sure Trey doesn't have the same credentials but had he been dealt a slightly different hand the while thing could be different. Trey did beat rv straight up his rookie year for an sx title, and to spend as much time injured as he had and still be as quick as he is just amazes me.

Yea I agree. I mean today was legit. They all, meaning tomac, dungey, kroc, were within striking distance...but he was simply strong enough to hold them off today...wasn't a fluke win...it was quite a bit of time where he rode well enough to keep them away. Obviously he got by Tomac too.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF
  • Like 2

Man if Trey would have gotten a better start that first moto the overall would have been his in my opinion. Love seeing Trey do well. He's such an awesome person. 

• Like 2

i was just going to say hes the RV  that broke its neck. If trey stays healthy he will impress. personally i think canard has a better chance at a championship than tomac.  tomac has shown in the past mental instability and has gotten hurt 2 times in his rookie debut. didnt even make it through 2nd turn in first supercross. rookies are rookies trey has experience that no one else has, coming back to win from career ending injury.

• Like 1

Man if Trey would have gotten a better start that first moto the overall would have been his in my opinion. Love seeing Trey do well. He's such an awesome person.

It's because he put Yamaha suspension on that red bomb. Loved seeing that race. So glad it was second moto and was in HD. Lol

I like Canard a lot but those lappers seriously helped him out 2nd moto. I suppose that comes with being a PRO you should be able to slice those guys up...

I like Canard a lot but those lappers seriously helped him out 2nd moto. I suppose that comes with being a PRO you should be able to slice those guys up...

They also slowed him down numerous times.  That was a rough track to come up on lappers, since you were in 3/4 mile ruts and stuck behind them.  

• Like 1

Did anyone catch Canard's post race interview when he said something like, "I'm not gonna stand up here and cry about everything we overcame to get here, etc"?

Seemed like a funny shot at Alessi :).  If so, gotta love his sense of humor, too!

• Like 2

Did anyone catch Canard's post race interview when he said something like, "I'm not gonna stand up here and cry about everything we overcame to get here, etc"?

Seemed like a funny shot at Alessi :).  If so, gotta love his sense of humor, too!

I thought that at first too, but I think he just meant that he wasn't going to whine about the "adversity" that he has faced, but just going to be happy about the win.

Edit: Either way, lots of respect for the guy.

Edited by Zondebok
  • Like 3

Nah Canard wouldn't shoot down a rider regardless of his or anyone else's option, its not his style...I think he was just trying to hold back tears honestly :smirk:

• Like 1

It's amazing that he's overcome the injuries that he's had and came back to ride like this.  You have to give it up to the medical professionals and trainers these days.

I got into MX back in the 80's and it wasn't uncommon to see someone go down with an injury less serious than the injuries he's had and never come back to contend.

Back in the day, riders like Bob Hannah and Rick Johnson never recuperated from injuries that made them miss half a season or more.  These days it's common place to see riders have what would have been career ending injuries back in the day either competing for or win a title again. 

Canard is by far my favorite rider (especially being a christian okie) and I pray he stays healthy next season and has a shot at the championship. But with the way KTM and Tomac have been hes gonna need a lot of prayer.

Jesus would frown on that kind of thing...so no way thats what he meant.

Jesus would frown on that kind of thing...so no way thats what he meant.

Agreed...TC doesn't take cheap shots that way. What he said was...I'm not going to stand up here and get all emotional about challenges that have been overcome, but winning again sure feels good  :thumbsup:

• Like 1