Sign in to follow this  

Chain lub recomendations?

Can anyone recomend good chain lub that doesnt come off straight away and cover the rims & engine casing??

Edited by Wasp18

Search function at the top of the page is your friend. Been discussed many times.

Can anyone recomend good chain lub that doesnt come off straight away and cover the rims & engine casing??

Regular cleaning, lubrication, and proper tension are the common denominators in long chain/sprocket life....more so than the type of lube I believe.

I used to always use Castrol spray lube.  At one point I used old motor oil as well for many years.  It all works.  I tried Chain Wax recently and hated it at first.  It was like having glue stick on my chain that collected gobs of dirt.  Then I read on here about the proper technique of applying it.  Clean the chain, heat the chain til warm to the touch, apply lightly, and wipe off the excess.  

This works amazing!!!!!!  Chain does not collect debris, does not fling, and I can go many rides without having to clean and lube....whereas before I would clean and lube nearly every ride....

• Like 1

I use Maxima's products usually...mostly the wax. But I agree its more about proper care/adjustment then anything. I usually wash my bike then spray it with WD40. I bought a pretty cheap oring set up from primary drive. So far after 4-5 track rides...i havent had to adjust it once. To be honest, that is shocking to me. I figured itd stretch quick. I kinda hoped itd stretch a lil because I bought a chain slightly too short and had to run the rear wheel pretty far up to get the slack needed. Again, I figured it'd stretch rapidly a little bit to move it back, but it hasn't, lol.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

Not sure what lub is.

Just taking a shot in the dark here.. 

0220141509a.jpg

0220141509b.jpg

• Like 1

I use chain wax..... BUT i wash my bike after every ride and lube the chain afterward.

If you lube your chain the night before you ride it wont fling off. Most chain lubes recommend 15-20 minute dry time to achieve a fling free compound. 

I use regular silicone lube, just about any brand of lubricant will work.

It's best to take your chain off every 10 hours and scrub it with a brush and degreaser, then lube it back up. 

• Like 1

Clean the chain and the sprockets regularly.

I use the engine and gear oil dregs from my car, bike and premix oil bottles tipped into a container with a brush in it to keep the rust away.

motul...

idk what lub is though...

Something to make the chain on your bike last longer and wear properly, your chain would rust like crazy if you didn't use it.

Something to make the chain on your bike last longer and wear properly, your chain would rust like crazy if you didn't use it.

lol this I know. but you said "lub" I know what "lube" is not "lub". :D  :facepalm:  :thumbsup:

and i said i used motul :)

• Like 1

any above works, Old school here 5 gal pal with new/used motor oil in it clean chain,throw in pal submerged in oil , remove hang chain verticl, let it drip off install..