Sign in to follow this  

Roczen has the same bike as Dungey?

You're wrong. Roczen is still not conditioned to run the entire 450 outdoors as of yet. Don't get me wrong, he is one hell of a rider but when you hear Dungey say he keeps his heart rate between 170-180 beats that is just insane

Edited by BBA
  • Like 4

Ever since they found out he was going to rch they swapped his motor for the 350.

It's really a 400, didn't you hear all of the rumors about the factory KTM 350's lol.

• Like 2

It's really a 400, didn't you hear all of the rumors about the factory KTM 350's lol.

cairolis factory 350 was tested and was a genuine 350 tested by the fim. Im doubting the US factory bikes are different.
  • Like 1

cairolis factory 350 was tested and was a genuine 350 tested by the fim. Im doubting the US factory bikes are different.

Yes, KTM said "here, test this bike, well provide it for you, ready to go... See?

It was a perfect PR stunt whether is was legal or not...

• Like 2

Yes, KTM said "here, test this bike, well provide it for you, ready to go... See?

I thought they tested post race, I remember them posting exact specs. I think it was after the talavera gp.

You are correct. They were found to be a 350cc powerplant, my post you qouted was loaded with complete sarcasm lol.

• Like 5

I thought they tested post race, I remember them posting exact specs. I think it was after the talavera gp.

Cairioli also had a terrible finish in that race, one of his worst, is it possible it was all staged? Sure, do I care? No. But you get the point.

You are correct. They were found to be a 350cc powerplant, my post you qouted was loaded with complete sarcasm lol.

you've gone soft.

Cairioli also had a terrible finish in that race, one of his worst, is it possible it was all staged? Sure, do I care? No. But you get the point.

you've gone soft.

I was trying to decide if you were serious or sarcastic, lol

you've gone soft.

He's from the UK, he may not get dirty American smartasses .

SOFT!!!!

Only when I leave your house when you're out of town. :p

• Like 1

Especially considering that the FIM has no need to test the bore and stroke to see if it's really a 350.  It's in the 450 class, it can be up to 450 cc.  

You're wrong. Roczen is still not conditioned to run the entire 450 outdoors as of yet. Don't get me wrong, he is one hell of a rider but when you hear Dungey say he keeps his heart rate between 170-180 beats that is just insane

It may also be that KR is not as strong of an athlete.  There seems to be this perception that these guys are all just blank slates..and they can acheive any level of fitness and endurance by just 'putting in the work'. Well that is nonsense.  Some have a greater potential level of maximum performance.  It could be the case that no matter how he trains...KR may just not have that potential.  It could also be a mental block.  Recall last year vs Tomac.  This is looking like that all over again.

Edited by Blutarsky
  • Like 2

It may also be that KR is not as strong of an athlete.  There seems to be this perception that these guys are all just blank slates..and they can acheive any level of fitness and endurance by just 'putting in the work'. Well that is nonsense.  Some have a greater potential level of maximum performance.  It could be the case that no matter how he trains...KR may just not have that potential.  It could also be a mental block.  Recall last year vs Tomac.  This is looking like that all over again.

Yeah but as they were talking about it during the race Kenny is young, he's never had to compete in such a grueling race schedule or take training as serious as he does now. I believe he'll build his endurance to a better level come next season.

It may also be that KR is not as strong of an athlete. There seems to be this perception that these guys are all just blank slates..and they can acheive any level of fitness and endurance by just 'putting in the work'. Well that is nonsense. Some have a greater potential level of maximum performance. It could be the case that no matter how he trains...KR may just not have that potential. It could also be a mental block. Recall last year vs Tomac. This is looking like that all over again.

He could also have more athleticism and less drive, I know some people think the same way about "drive," for lack of a better word the way you describe physical fitness. I think it's a combination of all that, plus the bike, the team, last minute decisions, and that's what keeps it exciting.

I would love to know the V02 Max numbers of these guys.  Eli's dad was known to have a VO2M of 80...which is pretty good, but not elite level.  Armstrong was 84...which is below what you would expect for what he 'accomplished'.   We don't need to go there.  Steve Prefontaine was also 84.  Miguel Indurain...88.   Greg Lemond (damn American hero) was 93...the highest ever recorded in a cyclist till 2012.  The current high # is some 19 year old cyclist from Norway who was world Jr TT Champ.  He scored a 97.5....  I think there are a few XC skiers who are in the 96 range.

It is not only your peak VO2 Max that matters...but your ability to recover from short periods of oxygen deficit (anerobic).  You learn this is road cycling and criterium racing.  I raced (with little success) as a Junior on NorCal in the late 80s...and had the misfortune of competing at a time when both the 7-11 and Plymouth Reebok Jr. Development teams were based in NorCal.  Basically, every weekend I had to race the US Jr. Cycling Team.  I regulary had to race against Matt Hammon (92/96 Olympics....94 World Champ silver in 4000m team pursuit....) and Steve Larson (RIP...Jr World Silver...Nat MN Bike Champ...rode for Motorolo in Europe in the late 90s).  It was brutal.  I can not tell you how many times I was dropped just because I needed 10 more seconds.  10 more seconds to recover.  That was it.  But the next attack would come before I had recovered...and I would eventually just blow up.  I think there are elements of this in MX.  All it takes is a bad run through a section of rollers...casing a few jumps...a series of mistakes...and you are over your limit, and into O2 deficit big time.  How quick you recover is key.  That means you have to back it down below your limit for a bit...or you will blow up. 

Edited by Blutarsky
  • Like 3