Sign in to follow this  

CR250 Coolant Inlet

HI guys i recently picked up a 91 cr250 for a great price guy told me he thought head was blown but after half hour of tinkering at home had it diagnosed to a fouled plug and a snapped coolant inlet.  On the 91 engines there are both an inlet and outlet on the head well somehow the previous owner managed to snap the one inlet and now i am stuck trying to figure out a way to not have to buy a new head (since honda doesnt make replacements even though they screw out of the head) Let me know if you guys have any ideas.  i also did try a jb weld on the piece but it didnt hold

coolant.jpeg

actually ended up tigging it seemed to hold and alot cheaper than buying a new head.  just really had to take time doing it and it took to it fairly well

sure i will take one later tonight when i am working on the bike and it would thread back on but the nipple which the pipe fits over and clamps to was snapped off of the hex threaded piece seems to be holding thus far

sorry to clarify that the first picture was a jb weld attempt that didnt hold so my friend whos good with a tigg was able to put the 2 pieces back together which did hold then it was screwed back into the head