Kibblewhite Valves

Warning!

Do not use kibblewhite valves. Seek a substitute version

Ive had 2 sets of KW valves. 1st set lasted 3000km and had to reshim every 1000km

Replaced the full set to (stupidly) another full set. Got 700km out of them, then today 1 of the exhaust valves snapped and dented the hell out of the inside of the head and the piston face

I just ordered a set of Ferrea's, under advice from others who have experience similar disappointment

Seriously, take my advice on this. They have been the single biggest problem with my bikes rebuild

Warning!

Do not use kibblewhite valves. Seek a substitute version

Ive had 2 sets of KW valves. 1st set lasted 3000km and had to reshim every 1000km

Replaced the full set to (stupidly) another full set. Got 700km out of them, then today 1 of the exhaust valves snapped and dented the hell out of the inside of the head and the piston face

I just ordered a set of Ferrea's, under advice from others who have experience similar disappointment

Seriously, take my advice on this. They have been the single biggest problem with my bikes rebuild

What bike are you talking about because these have been working well in XRs?

Yeah, I saw your thread.  That other guy jumped into the fray as well and it sounds like you're not really sure if it was your fault or the valves.  I don't know what they do on the Suzuki thread, but the XR threads are fairly civilized because the bikes are reliable.  In the last two years, I have only heard praise for kibblewhite valves in XRs.  Some feel they're mandatory.  

I went with Ferrara Stainless Steel because of the price point and availability at the time. But I did ask about the Kibblewhite Black Diamond vs them prior and the Kibblewhites got good praise - https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/906065-ferrea-vs-black-diamond-valves/ - but I also found some older threads where others had had issues with them...

Edited by twr7cx

Yeah, I saw your thread.  That other guy jumped into the fray as well and it sounds like you're not really sure if it was your fault or the valves.  I don't know what they do on the Suzuki thread, but the XR threads are fairly civilized because the bikes are reliable.  In the last two years, I have only heard praise for kibblewhite valves in XRs.  Some feel they're mandatory.  

Yeah, I admit that I don't know if it was my fault or the valves THIS TIME, but I'm sure that I only got 3000km out of my previous set of KW valves. It might just be the case that Suzukis are too rough on them

I was responding with my experience to the title of this thread 'Kibblewhite Valves', in general

We recently did a complete top end and crank on a CRF450R.  Used KW valves because they are known throughout the industry as top of the line.  The bike has run a couple WEBE races and a couple motos along with a bunch of trail riding since the rebuild.  The valves had to be shimmed once.  The rest of the valvetrain is stock Honda.  Can't ask for better performance from a product.