Anyone have a 15 yet?

They were supposed to be out in July, my dealer has yet to get one in but I live in BFE. I'll be grabbing it as soon as it comes in and the wait is killing me!!

I've got a question about the listed weight, my 12 is listed as 249, the ssf spring fork in 13-14 was supposed to be 1 pound lighter. Now the 15 ssf air is supposed to be 2.5 pounds lighter than that, plus the 4% lighter frame. So how is the listed weight only 247? Did they gain weight elsewhere?

They were supposed to be out in July, my dealer has yet to get one in but I live in BFE. I'll be grabbing it as soon as it comes in and the wait is killing me!!

I've got a question about the listed weight, my 12 is listed as 249, the ssf spring fork in 13-14 was supposed to be 1 pound lighter. Now the 15 ssf air is supposed to be 2.5 pounds lighter than that, plus the 4% lighter frame. So how is the listed weight only 247? Did they gain weight elsewhere?

I think they're pulling a fast one on the weight. my 14 is 249. the 15 was advertised as 4% lighter due to the changes in the frame. 4% of 249 roughly 10 lbs, and yet the 15 is listed at 247. Hmmmm.

I have a 2015 450. I have around 2.5 hours on it. The forks are substantially better than the prior year 13/14 sff forks. Shock is a little overvalved and stiff. I weigh 200lbs and ride VetA. This bike out of the box is one of the best handling bikes I have ridden. I will be shocked to see what a revalve does to these forks as they are so good right now. The harder you push the better they respond. 

The frame is also noticeably different for 15. You can look at the gussets directly below the down tube. The bike is a lot less rigid than the two prior years. I had two 13 450's and a 14 450. This bike may look the same; it is not the same though. Awesome platform.

As for weight; any Suzuki rider will tell you that it is a pig to pick up. When you get it on the track you will not notice it. 

• Like 4

I have a 2015 450. I have around 2.5 hours on it. The forks are substantially better than the prior year 13/14 sff forks. Shock is a little overvalved and stiff. I weigh 200lbs and ride VetA. This bike out of the box is one of the best handling bikes I have ridden. I will be shocked to see what a revalve does to these forks as they are so good right now. The harder you push the better they respond. 

The frame is also noticeably different for 15. You can look at the gussets directly below the down tube. The bike is a lot less rigid than the two prior years. I had two 13 450's and a 14 450. This bike may look the same; it is not the same though. Awesome platform.

As for weight; any Suzuki rider will tell you that it is a pig to pick up. When you get it on the track you will not notice it.

How's the starting? How about shifting? Both of these items were suppose to be updated too.

How's the starting? How about shifting? Both of these items were suppose to be updated too.

Again I hate to sound like a broken record. The kickstarter and starting is quite a bit easier. I never have had a problem with shifting on the 13 and newer bikes. We experienced a little slop with shifting using cheaper oil. I run maxima pro plus synthetic for roughly 5 hours between changes.

Same plastics; but completely different bike in a lot of ways.

Jeez, I feel like CA might ws well be Canada. Tha would be around 8300 OTD here with tax and lic. I can't find a dealer that will even entertain the idea of going below msrp OTD

I just stopped at the dealer today to pick up a few small things and the 14's are listed at $6100, 15's at $7500 but with a little persuasion I could get it OTD for that price. I have never had an issue getting out the door for the list price at that dealer. Makes me wonder what dealers are actually paying for these bikes.

• Like 1

Yea n some dealers have 13's for around $5500! That is alsome! U put 3k into wheels/suspension/pipe / vortex ecu n u have a badass racebike!!!!!

Yep... I got my 12 OTD for $5500 2 years ago after saving up so I could pay cash for the bike and decided to do a race build with the money I had left. I still don't feel that they are "that much" better off the showroom floor than my modded 12' so in a few years I will buy a left over 15+ and start over.

Really smart move if you are one of those guys that are super fast and can't use the upgrades to your advantage, or you have don't have deep enough pockets to drop the cash on a new bike every year like myself.

• Like 1

I'm kinda in the same boat as you.  I thought long and hard when it came to purchasing my 12 over the 13 with the new forks but I am kind of glad I made the decision.  I realize that when set up correctly the 13/14 forks perform better for MX but for me I just really wanted the forks I was used to and I just wanted the RMZs cornering prowess. I can not wait to ride a 15 back to back with my dialed in 12.  I will want to sell the 12 I'm sure.  Like I said a million times the 12 (and the 13/14 for that matter) was so damn good out of the box I think the 15 will make me struggle to wait from what I am hearing.  I just love how Suzuki keeps it simple and does not radically change the bike.  Weren't you guys surprised when they stiffened up the frame in 13?  I really don't understand why they felt they needed to stiffen it where they did when they changed the forks.  I have yet to ride a 12 frame with newer forks but talking to a bunch of Suzuki guys at the Nationals they tell me it is a thing of beauty and that the 15 gets you there....impressive.

Alessi's guy showed me exactly where the change to the frame was made in 13 and why he ran the 12s- perhaps someone can explain how they changed it for 15.  I mean I am sure the change in 13/14 is still apparent but is it just an adjustment in the gusseting below the down tube?  

So the question becomes what will they do with the shock next.  Thats the one thing that you have to get right on the bike regardless of what forks you run.  I mean its no big deal but so many guys modify the shock and its funny how in three years we have 3 different foks yet there is still the same old XRing back there.   Perhaps a big chabge is coming for the shock soon.  Fun stuff to discuss regardless!

• Like 1

So the question becomes what will they do with the shock next.  Thats the one thing that you have to get right on the bike regardless of what forks you run.  I mean its no big deal but so many guys modify the shock and its funny how in three years we have 3 different foks yet there is still the same old XRing back there.   Perhaps a big chabge is coming for the shock soon.  Fun stuff to discuss regardless!

I woulda been happy with the 13-14 forks, updated shock internals (nothing drastic, just a better piston and some minor valving changes), and the frame/motor changes. I'm excited to ride the new forks but I still don't think it is a game changer for me! I may just buy a set off eBay when I see them if they are that good. There will be plenty of guys dumping them for A kit stuff. 

I'm glad to see new forks every couple years but new forks don't do squat with a junk shock. The RMZ shock is the worst on the market in stock form and it is all due to that POS piston. It is so bad that it is not even worth revalving the shock if you are not going to replace the piston. JMHO.