Sign in to follow this  

yz250 fork ?

Hello. I have a rather dumb and simple quetion. I drain the air in my front froks with moose bleeder buttons i put on when bike was new. Its a 2013 yz250. No air ever psst out of the right fork for some reason. I dont think my seals are blown either because theres no oil dripping down inner fork tube. I also bought seal doctor and clean my forks out after every muddy ride. Btw, seal dr. works great. How come no air is being built up or where is the pressure leaking ? Thx G

Really, that seems a little drastic. What would cause forks to not be aligned up to each other ? Im no racer or expert so im not extremly hard on my bike. I was thinking the seal on the fork bleeders

Really, that seems a little drastic. What would cause forks to not be aligned up to each other ? Im no racer or expert so im not extremly hard on my bike. I was thinking the seal on the fork bleeders

Pretty ease to have mis-aligned forks...

I would pull the forks off the bike, compress each one as best I can to make sure they're functioning properly. During that time I would adjust the clickers so they are both equal, rebound and compression. Then I would put the forks back in the triple clamps and make sure that height is equal for both forks and make sure to torque the triple clamp bolts down properly....

After that I would reinstall my wheel, checking to make sure it's properly aligned. If the very thing is all good, then I would go ride...

Yeah what he said. I'll add when you put the forks back in measure how high each one sticks up out of the triple clamp. Make certain your clickers are the same on both forks. When you put the front wheel on make sure you dont tighten up the right side pinch bolts until you are sure the fork moves in and out freely on the axle. Then grab the front brake and cycle the forks up and down to get the forks aligned then tighten the pinch bolts.