Sign in to follow this  

Would this bike work for me?

Ive wanted a dirt bike for a long time, probably will only be riding it around my house and the land around it, but i dont want to spend a ton of money, so as a 6'1, 200 lb guy, would this 125 hold me up and ride nice with me on it? http://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/mcy/4609468964.html   It wouldnt be ridden hard, but i want it to last. Could this bike work for me? Would I need to adjust it to fit me? 

Ive wanted a dirt bike for a long time, probably will only be riding it around my house and the land around it, but i dont want to spend a ton of money, so as a 6'1, 200 lb guy, would this 125 hold me up and ride nice with me on it? http://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/mcy/4609468964.html   It wouldnt be ridden hard, but i want it to last. Could this bike work for me? Would I need to adjust it to fit me? 

It will need you to wring its neck, high in the rev range pretty much always. If you are willing to do that then go for it. Looks like a nice bike.

Also, yes at 200 lbs you'll need to respring it/ suspension modification if you want it to work properly. For minor play riding just leave it alone.

Also, yes at 200 lbs you'll need to respring it/ suspension modification if you want it to work properly. For minor play riding just leave it alone.

How much would you say it would cost to get the suspension up to par?

How much would you say it would cost to get the suspension up to par?

Springs are a couple hundred and valving about the same. Figure $500 or so. You'd have a lot more money in the bike than it's worth at that point so I really wouldn't do it. For simple play riding it will suffice in stock form.

i would seriously advise a crf230f. its plenty big, sips gas, and is totally indestructible. plus it has more torque than most tractors  :thumbsup: