Sign in to follow this  

250sx powervalve position

I have a 2009 250sx and the power seems more like a 125. I had a 2007 yz250 that had way more power than this! I can't even get it to wheelie. I think the power valve might be in the wrong spot. Does anyone have a picture of the gearing position for the linkage? Any other recommendations?

I also have an 09 250sx, which ignition map do you have selected? I know there are two maps to choose from along with the different powervalve springs that affect the hit..

Check the preload adjuster, on mine it was screwed in too much comming stock, had to back it out a couple turns at least. You can open the left side pv cover to see if it opens properly. If you have a tachmeter you can bring it to spec, I think it's supposed to be fully openned at 5000rpm

Actually the powervalve should start to open around 5600 rpm and be fully open around 7800 rpm with the yellow spring. Those numbers could be a little off but there real close. The red spring would have the powervalve fully open around 7300 rpm. But ya that thing should weelie and hit hard. Could be your powervalve not set up right. You tube has video on powervalve set up. Watch the jeff slavens vids.