Sign in to follow this  

02 cr125 problems

this is my first post and im 16 and do most of the work on my bikes myself. so i just bought a cr125 as my 2nd bike after a yz85, and the cr has fouled 3 plugs already. the guy i bought it from just rebuild it and it still had half a tank of the break in gas stuff. its been fouling plugs and it has a weird bog before the power band. i dont have much riding space so i can only get it up to third gear, could this be the problem? any help would be appreciated since im not used to this as the yz never had any problems. 

I'd say jetting or your transmission side crank seal is leaking. Is the plug very black when it's fouled?

Ok well just today I put a new plug in it and it took forever to start but finally it did, and it started smoking like crazy and spitting a lot of oil out the pipe.

The hard to start part sounds like a crank seal like the other poster mentioned.

I would build yourself a leak down tester. You can build one from Home Depot parts for $20-30.

Edited by xokia

What exactly are the parts needed for that?

check out the top of the forum.  There's a good 'pinned' thread that tells you what you need

Edited by Fenmore