Sign in to follow this  

06 crf250r Power Cuts Out Before Limiter

I just shimmed the valves and set the timing, but when I accelerate hard the bike cuts out, I know its not the rev limiter. Is my timing off? Or are my valves not done right. Also, it wont start hot, and I have trouble getting it to start cold as well. Thanks

did it no do this before you shimmed the valves?

Sounds like timing to me. I just figured out my hard starting was because of timing. Use the marks on the flywheel to line it up.

You can't be off a half a tooth unless the chain has worn out terribly. You should be off 1 tooth. If changing the timing 1 tooth makes you off half a tooth in the other direction you need to change your timing chain, but not sure any chain can wear that much.

You can't be off a half a tooth unless the chain has worn out terribly. You should be off 1 tooth. If changing the timing 1 tooth makes you off half a tooth in the other direction you need to change your timing chain, but not sure any chain can wear that much.

it can appear half a tooth off if you are lining up the marks on the gear behind that allen bolt cover thing.