Sign in to follow this  

racing a exc200

i have a 2009 exc200 and i might want to get into racing it next year i do about 50/50 track and trail and i want to know what classes i would be racing it in, in enduro and in motorcross i live in australia can anyone help?  

Need to ask bushpig!

He also rides a 200 in the land down under!

So....I wonder if Australians refer to North America as the "land down under"? Cause when you're in Australia, then North America is down under. Seems weird that they would call it the "land up over" :wacko: I mean who gets to decide who's on top?!?!???

• Like 1

Depends. Been a few years but when I was racing there were 2 4-stroke classes and a 2 stroke class... or might have been the other way around. I only raced the open 4 stroke so can't give much more than that lol. That was club level, state level was more classes.

Either way if you show up they'll put you in some class. With people going back to 2 strokes it's probably changed a bit.

Edited by Mr_Motocross
  • Like 1

I have a 200xcw and I've raced enduro with it. The bike does great, just don't hit a tree like I did!  :facepalm:

I'd suggest getting the suspension sprung and valved, you'll be much faster and won't get tired as fast.

i have a 2009 exc200 and i might want to get into racing it next year i do about 50/50 track and trail and i want to know what classes i would be racing it in, in enduro and in motorcross i live in australia can anyone help?

How come your location says Oklahoma?

In the NT, I'm sure C grade enduro is open in what bikes they allow in. When I raced i was against all types.

In MX they might split it up, maybe not. You may be against 450's. I wouldn't worry. Its about the rider.