Sign in to follow this  

KLX 140 vs CRF 150f

i beleive the 150 has more torque, but its stupidly front heavy with garbage suspension. i would know because i have one lol. that 150 can lug like a flippin tractor

Suspension on the CRF150F is very soft, compared to a two stroke 80, 85 or 100. It's fairly heavy for a 19/16 inch wheeled bike as well, about 205lbs I believe. Very reliable and like offroad circus says "pulls like a tractor". I'm amazed at what my daughter can climb on that bike. The front disk is very sensative, use one finger. drum brake in the rear works well even at speed. Good beginner bike, but heavy, difficult for my 120lbs rider to pick up sometimes.  Had I studied the dry weights I would have looked harder at the KX100 or even the CRF150R which is a bit more power that the F model. Almost everything on the 150F is made of mild steel hence the weight.

I ride a lot and was looking for a more reliable bike, my KLX 140 has minor issues that im getting sick of.

My son had a KLX 140 and eventually needed to move up. Don't bother with a 150f, its a bit heavier with slightly more power. Move up to a 150R or 2 stroke KX 100/KTM 105. If your big enough go to a 2 stroke 125.

My son had a KLX 140 and eventually needed to move up. Don't bother with a 150f, its a bit heavier with slightly more power. Move up to a 150R or 2 stroke KX 100/KTM 105. If your big enough go to a 2 stroke 125.

I dont really want more power, just more seat height.

The 150 has a physically bigger cockpit than the 140.  It is more of a full size bike with small wheels.  It is also very heavy (235lbs) and poorly suspended.  But it is a fun trail bike just for messing around.  I doubt performance wise it would be much of an upgrade from your 140 but probably more comfortable with the bigger layout.