Sign in to follow this  

Need Help Carberator Clip

Hello i fixing up a little baja 125 to put some cash towards a yz125 i need to put a new throttle cable in i have taken the carb off and when i took out the needle valve a little clip came out. What is it and where does it go. i cant find any diagrams anywhere and its not in the manual. Thanks!

carberator.jpg

Im working on a little chinese baja 125 to put the cash towards a yz125 im installing a new throttle cable and while i was taking the needle valve out a small clip came out. its really hard to find any diagrams with these chinese bikes anyone have any idea what it is and where it goes? This is my first throttle im putting in on a dirt bike is it fairly easy ive watched some videos and looks simple enough i just dont want the throttle to stick topped out lol. Thanks!

carberator.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407646342.448971.jpg

Exactly the way you see it, laying down under the spring. Needle nose pliers work good.

• Like 1

When you fit the new cable the slot in the clip is fitted around the cable and pushed to the bottom of the slide under the return spring.

Stops the needle from lifting and prevents the cable popping out of the slide.

• Like 1

Ok im still a little confused on putting this back i just ordered another cable its gonna take a bit to come in but does the clip just sit there it doesnt seem very secure.