Sign in to follow this  

91 cr80 good deal or no?

Hey everybody

So I was looking on craigslist and came across a 91 cr80. It's not in the best of shape cosmetically and it needs an exhaust pipe and a front brake lever. He says the piston has 15 hours of runtime on it, and it has a brand new piston ring and wrist pin. He was asking 500 but he said he would take 200 because he needs money. What do you guys think? Is this a good deal or not? Buy or no buy? Reasons please.

Thanks!

Edited by M3NT4L5

I have turds that come out better looking than that bike.... It's defiantly not worth my $200. Oh, and I highly doubt that it has a new piston and rings...

• Like 1

I have turds that come out better looking than that bike.... It's defiantly not worth my $200. Oh, and I highly doubt that it has a new piston and rings...

Ok thanks for your opinion

Considering the condition it's in and how much you are going to have to put in to it you could buy a bike in way better condition

He said it would run with a new pipe, and I'm not really looking for a pretty bike, just something to ride for fun. A new pipe would run me around 100 and a lever is like 10 so I don't think it would end up being all that much, where are you getting the idea that it would cost a lot?

Do yourself a favor and don't buy it.  Being a 91, parts are going to be hard to come by.  save up and get something that won't be a constant problem.  I see pretty decent small bikes in the 700-1000 range on craigslist... at least in my area.

He said it would run with a new pipe, and I'm not really looking for a pretty bike, just something to ride for fun. A new pipe would run me around 100 and a lever is like 10 so I don't think it would end up being all that much, where are you getting the idea that it would cost a lot?

it is old and even if the top end is new the bottom end probably isn't and that's a pain and a expensive repair

it is old and even if the top end is new the bottom end probably isn't and that's a pain and a expensive repair

Alright well everybody is saying don't, so I won't. I already have a 95 cr125 I got about a month ago, was thinking this could be a bike to just screw around on.

How long have you been riding

A few years just little stuff though with friends around their places and my house, hoping to get into it a lot more now that I have a nice bike.