Sign in to follow this  

can am?

Was at my local shop the other day and the salesman working said he has been hearing for years about can am coming back out on the market with a bike... you guys think this will ever happen again? I think it would be pretty sweet having the rotax in a 450 or a 250.also, Think anyone would be willing to buy them?

Just all depends on the bikes.

The bar is set pretty high in today's market.

If its a " cannondale " type deal. Then nope!

Cannondale had the first fuel injected reverse engine 4 stroke. If they had refined it more before release it would have been revolutionary. They just got ahead of themselves releasing an unfinished bike.

• Like 1

Cannondale had the first fuel injected reverse engine 4 stroke. If they had refined it more before release it would have been revolutionary. They just got ahead of themselves releasing an unfinished bike.

Would have could have should have!

It was garbage.

Would have could have should have!

It was garbage.

Not disagreeing with you. Just saying even if they produce 1 and it fails it can help to advance technology just like the Cannondale did.

Cannondale may have been successful if they sourced an engine from someone like Folan, which powered one of the original test mules. I bought one of them and realised quickly that it wasn't finished. The Can Am rumour has been around for years and the thought of another 450 in the market doesn't seem smart these days.

Aint happening. Just a rumour that's been going around for years. They have no money to produce a bike

What do you mean? Not to argue, I'm just wondering how you know. From what I've seen, they must be rich. BRP owns Ski-Doo and Can-Am I believe, and Ski-Doo are high quality sleds, and a lot of people have bought those funky three wheelers. I just can't see them not having money.

The Can Am rumour has been around for years and the thought of another 450 in the market doesn't seem smart these days.

Yes but Can Am is owned by BRP who make the most advanced DI 2 stroke Snowmobile out there. So they do have the tech to make a DI 2 stroke.

I'm not holding my breath though, dirt bike market is very small these days. Quads have taken over for the average Joe. Notice Can Am makes Quads :smashpc:  

Yes but Can Am is owned by BRP who make the most advanced DI 2 stroke Snowmobile out there. So they do have the tech to make a DI 2 stroke.

I'm not holding my breath though, dirt bike market is very small these days. Quads have taken over for the average Joe. Notice Can Am makes Quads :smashpc:  

exactly. I would like to see something from them, but I would think that it would have happened by now if it was going too.. Not much money in bikes these days.

Edited by DEMI

What do you mean? Not to argue, I'm just wondering how you know. From what I've seen, they must be rich. BRP owns Ski-Doo and Can-Am I believe, and Ski-Doo are high quality sleds, and a lot of people have bought those funky three wheelers. I just can't see them not having money.

Ski doo is far from a high quality sled. Closer to junk imo.  Bombardier was saved from bankruptcy once by the Canadian taxpayers, and are laying workers off big time again.

Meh, they always looked nice.

Now, I doubt you guys would agree with me, but I'd like to see a bike from Toyota. They make a shit ton of money, so it's no object, and I'd imagine it would be interesting.

It could potentially change their image from a company that makes tree huggin' cars, to an innovative badass powerhouse of dirtbikes.

I would get one...

• Like 2

Ski doo is far from a high quality sled. Closer to junk imo.  

Funny how Ski Doo is the sled of choice for big mountain sledders were weight and hp matter.

Might be a little different story on the flat groomed trails of Ontario but here in BC Ski Doo has dominated for years.

Funny how Ski Doo is the sled of choice for big mountain sledders were weight and hp matter.

Might be a little different story on the flat groomed trails of Ontario but here in BC Ski Doo has dominated for years.

Nope... Ski doo rules in Ontario too... Although, the flat groomed trail let people think its ok to do 140...

BRP are also into outboard motors.

They bought out Evinrude.

They also have a good portion of the marine industry cornered with Sea-doo.

Bombardier also has a division that builds passenger jets and trains.

Bombardier is far from being broke.

They are just staying where the money's at and dirt bikes are not money makers.

Edited by SnS

BRP are also into outboard motors.

They bought out Evinrude.

They also have a good portion of the marine industry cornered with Sea-doo.

Bombardier also has a division that builds passenger jets and trains.

Bombardier is far from being broke.

They are just staying where the money's at and dirt bikes are not money makers.

No way they could be broke then.

You wanna know the going rate for a new freight train?

BRP and Bombardier (rail and airplanes) are two separate companies now. Would be nice if they got back into bikes, as BRP still has Rotax engines in their fold. However, I don't believe there is money in the motorcycle market to recoup the necessary R&D investment to get back in the game.

BRP and Bombardier (rail and airplanes) are two separate companies now. Would be nice if they got back into bikes, as BRP still has Rotax engines in their fold. However, I don't believe there is money in the motorcycle market to recoup the necessary R&D investment to get back in the game.

There is a snow bike only project in Canada about to be announced, look for big news to come out this winter on a snow bike to blow the minds of Timbersled. This unit is 50 lbs lighter, has 100hp, is super charged, fuel injected, 4t 600+ cc Italian thumper with precisely metered nitros and carries all its 25l of fuel onboard....no spare jerry can and its is laden with carbon fibre everywhere....wont be for the faint of heart mind you. Stay tuned. Its a complete snow bike kit with bike included. Edited by belleisleboy