Weight and height recommendations for a yz250

I'm 14 years old. I'm about 95 pounds and 5'3". Would I be able to touch the ground with both feet on a yz250? Would I have to lower the suspension? Or should I wait another year or two?

At your height and weight I would not go with a 250t. At 5'3 I think you'd have trouble touching the ground and sorry kid but 95 pounds, you're gonna have trouble moving the bike around

You'll have a lot of trouble. I tried when I was 14 too and it's not nearly as fun as a bike more your size. It's like riding a very fast giraffe and you can't get back on if you fall.

Edited by runnybunny

I'm 20 years old 6'3" and 170 pounds. My yz250 is still sometimes too much for even me haha.

Look at yz125's. They're more fun anyways.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter what full size bike you get, you won't be able to touch the ground.

Your height isn't as important as your inseam. I'm 6ft, but have shorter legs and a long torso. I cannot touch the ground properly on my 500exc...

My son moved to a 125 this year.

He's 13 years old, five foot five and weighs about 130

I think it was a good choice for us.

Less than a 100 pounds on a 250T seems a bit much for me

KC

• Like 1

I got this 04 yz250 for my first dirt bike, I'm 26 5' 7" 140lbs, and this bike is a bit of a handful. if you can handle it trying to throw you off the back in any gear I think you would be alright lol... I kinda wish I would of got a 125 2t, and I think you would have a lot more fun on a 125.. the 250 is just to much power for you at your weight IMO.

• Like 1

I'm gonna be honest with u... you should get a yz85. I'm 180 and 6 foot tall and a yz85 could loop me?. I'd prob wait till ur around 5-10 6 foot. 160pounds max. 

1 hour ago, Bob Fenoglietto said:

I'm gonna be honest with u... you should get a yz85. I'm 180 and 6 foot tall and a yz85 could loop me?. I'd prob wait till ur around 5-10 6 foot. 160pounds max. 

OP maybe grew a bit since starting this thread as it dates back to 2014.

He hasn't logged on the forum since either.

• Haha 1

my wife is 5'3. She would struggle to get on my 250 even if on a stand and she could stand up on the pegs. haha.

I don't know if a 125 is any smaller, but you don't need the 250's power, so don't stress if you get a 125. The 250 hauls my 265 lbs easily.

Posted (edited)

The YZ125's seat height is actually close to 1/4" higher than a YZ250. 

38.4" vers 38.2" as per the Yamaha Canada website.

Again, as mentioned above, you guys are responding to a 5 year old inactive thread!

The OP never logged on again since starting it in 2014.

Edited by mlatour

46 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Again, as mentioned above, you guys are responding to a 5 year old inactive thread!

The OP never logged on again since starting it in 2014.

oops. :D

• Like 1