Sign in to follow this  

1997 XR600R Parts in South Africa.

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get parts in South Africa for my 1997 Honda XR600R. I am struggling to find places.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I would order them online but the only sites that I found are based in the USA and shipping costs are insane. If you know of any sites that are based in SA please let me know.

Hey, are you there in the Jo'burg area? I'm an American Missionary serving in the D.R.Congo, but we do a supply run down to RSA about once a year or so (& have fam & friends there too).

This last trip I was able to bring back a 2013 XR650L to use in Congo, & also was able to find quite a few places to get aftermarket as well as factory spares in the Jo'burg area. I'll be glad to help you track down what you need.

What kind of parts are you looking for (i.e. aftermarket mods, or factory spares?), & what general area do you live in?

@CongoXR650L: I stay in Lephalale. The parts that I need are:

Kickstarter return spring

Kickstarter return spring collar

Air Filter

Oil Filter

I have contacted the dealer in JHB and CT. they have the collar and oil filter, the spring and air filter they have to order from japan, which takes 4 weeks. The filters I can get aftermarket though. If you could check if you can find all these parts that would be great. I would appreciate it.Thanks

As a temporary fix I have glued the collar back together (its plastic) and am going to cut and rebend the spring by heating it. I have attached a pic of these parts.

@Dirkdelange : I will check it out. Thanks

Sounds like you've made a plan. The Authorized Dealer is your best bet for the spring & collar, but if you don't want to wait for them to order all the way from Japan, you can always check with a place like Full Throttle. I was able to find quite a few things there that I needed.

http://www.fullthrottle.co.za/online/

They might also have to order a specialty part like your collar though, but check with them to see if they can get it faster... Hope this helps.