93 XR600 LH handbrake and decomp relocation

So due to having limited use/control of my right ankle I need to set-up a rear handbrake on the left side under the clutch. - This itself isn't too hard (if people know of a nice lever and res that bolts on and plays nicely with the stock rear brake I'd love to hear it)

My issue is the decomp lever currently resides there.

Has anyone successfully mounted a lever directly to the case with no side effects other than being more awkward to start?  Or a sneaky underseat version or similar?

Clake and other products are priced well out of my budget.

could use this from Dr D its a hotstart for CRF to move it to right side!

That looks the goods. - Didn't even think of a thumb lever.  

And brakes will most likely be a junkyard option rather then an off the shelf unfortunately.

Thanks for all the quick replys.

Trying to operate the clutch lever and a brake lever simultaneously with the same left hand sounds very awkward. Most left hand rear brake setups are combined with an auto clutch, so that only the brake needs to be activated. Otherwise the engine would stall when you apply the rear brake. Putting a thumb brake lever on the right hand might almost work better, although it would still require juggling both levers at the same time with the same hand.

For cheap parts, maybe start with a used KTM hydraulic clutch and plumb it into the existing rear master cylinder.

I have my decomp cable connected to a small hot start lever which is built into a modern 4 stroke bike style clutch perch and uses the same pivot bolt for both levers. Look at a CRF. Or the decomp perch can be mounted elsewhere, such as on the crossbar, or on the right side.

Edited by heart_of_darkness

Have you thought about linking the brakes? That sounds like the best option and if you use the correct equipment, it should be front/rear proportioned well. Several street bikes used linked brakes, check out how those systems are put together.

Thanks. - Rear brake is more to stop looping out than anything. If I grab a handfull and stall it so be it... Better than landing on my head, and unfortunately how it's gotta be till funds come available.

The lead on the hotstart looks good. Will wait till a cheap on comes up on ebay.

I think stunt riders have an additional rear brake lever on the bars. I'm not sure how it's coordinated with the clutch, but it's worth investigating.

How about relocating the placement of the brake pedal tip upward a bit, so that you actuate it with coarse leg movement instead of fine ankle movement?

Or if you plan to rarely use the rear brake, maybe use a front brake master/ lever and put it facing rearward on the left handlebar. The lever would then be operated by your left thumb, pushing it forward toward the handlebar.