Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400$M what to buy for my bike?

Hey, just brought a 2013 DRZ400SM White and want some advice on mods, (I'm a newb, and I'm on the other side of the world, NZ) 
currently have stock bike, brought DRZ decals for the front forks and swing arms,but keen to 3x3/re-jet, keep the exhaust stock for now (as we get noise emission checked) tail tidy, new led indicators, bark busters/hand guards (should I go white or black) and later on new adventurer tires. 

Here's my question, Whats my options? photos of mods and part descriptions preferred, can you guys hep me out?

If you're using it for mostly on road and mild green laneing my first thing would to be a jack-up kit. The rear shock is way too sloppy and it helps sit the back end up a little more.. Makes is feel a lot more 'SM'

I did mine 25mm but I would have gone the whole 50mm if I wasn't such a short ass

I recently (June) picked up a 2014 SM and have done the DRC Edge tail light, 3x3 and JD Jet kit. I too just ride it on the roads only, its my ride to work on base. I spend a couple of hours dialing in the suspension as well and it has made it a lot funner to ride. I still want to get some zeta handgaurds, I just cant decide if I want the turnsignal ones or just the bare ones. And not sure if I will go with the yoshi or the mrd exhaust. But leaning more towards the yoshi due to noise output!

Is that the edge 1 or the edge 2? I heard that edge 2 doesn't fit nice or takes extra mounting? Do you have a photo? I think I like the edge more than the Yoshi but havnt seen to many pics. Why did you go JD for the jets? I'll be riding to work non rainy days and go wreak havoc on weekends albeit quietly at first till I work up my confidence. I'm looking at zetas swell just don't know if I should go black or white. Will prob get indicators and run with led indicators as I think just the bark buster indicators won't be seen easily in day or from the side (don't want to get pancaked)

Edited by Melodic-tunes

Bark busters/handguards see alot of abuse.

Any time you drop your bike, the bark busters take a beating.

You'll be replacing them more often if you have the turn signals in them.

Do yourself a favor and get the triple clamp mounts for whatever hand guards you decide on.

The triple clamp mounts are way stronger and the bars won't twist as easily when you wreck.

JD jet is simple and works well. Pretty standard piece of kit. Follow the instructions and watch the youtube video.

Might go for bent blue zetas with.white hand guards and check out the triple clamps they sound like a good idea,they bolt into your indicator brackets don't they? Does that interfere with stock indicators?