Sign in to follow this  

TrailTech Fan kit

I have an IMS tank as well (3.?? gallons). I had emailed with Trail Tech because I wanted to install the fan with the bigger tank, plus EE radiator guards. He said that it should work/fit. I have yet to install any of it, as I've just now gotten my OE radiators back from welding them up. I have a set of flebay oversized ones on there now, which have done remarkably well.

I have an IMS tank as well (3.?? gallons). I had emailed with Trail Tech because I wanted to install the fan with the bigger tank, plus EE radiator guards. He said that it should work/fit. I have yet to install any of it, as I've just now gotten my OE radiators back from welding them up. I have a set of flebay oversized ones on there now, which have done remarkably well.

Well, I e-mailed them a few weeks back.  This was their response:

I’m not sure.  It would depend on whether it has a provision for a fan molded into it or not.  We only verify fitment for OEM parts.  If you want to find out how much clearance you have from the radiator to the tank I can give you a better answer, but the only way to find out for sure will be to try mounting one.

Regards,

Brian DeHate | Sales & Tech Support

brian@trailtech.net

P: (360) 687-4530 F: (360) 687-8164

Trail Tech, Inc.

1600 SE 18th Ave.

Battle Ground, WA 98604

trailtech.net | 2014 Catalog

If it mounts to the stock fan bracket without a dropping the fan down it'll hit but I thought their kit addresses that. Look at pic on eBay. I made my own kit and mount just to be sure. This is with an IMS tank and Spal fan.

RZ Rob
IMG_8363_zps12485b93.jpg

Edited by RZRob

I put one on my 07, with flatland guards and a 3.2 ims tank fits and works fine

Doesn't fit a 2008, with the IMS 3.2 tank. I think I just need to lower it a few inches, so I'm going to try and make a lowering bracket. Wish someone out there was selling them.

Edited by smda

Doesn't fit a 2008, with the IMS 3.2 tank. I think I just need to lower it a few inches, so I'm going to try and make a lowering bracket. Wish someone out there was selling them.

There was a guy (SUPERGPER) in Utah that made a few brackets and was selling them, but he didn't get back to me in time. I made mine out of thick stock and it's been working great.

RZ Rob

Edited by RZRob