Sign in to follow this  

Moving back to 4 strokes

Hey guys so I'm looking to buy a new 450. I'm coming from an 08 250 sx which was a great bike, but I just miss the smoother four stroke. So the question is crf rmz or sxf. I rode Hondas for years and the crf 450 is like going home but I'm worried about these new air forks and reliability. The rmz is solid but I've heard of reliability issues with it as well. He sx is great but I worry about the overall "euro" handeling...the main reason for wanting to get rid of my current bike. Any thoughts are appreciated. Especially on the air forks...

Thanks

I've never seen any reliability issues but you do read that they have reliability issues but no one seems to have one serious enough to post anything about it. So I don't buy it. I love mine, I am on my 3rd. I rode ktms for 12 years and will never go back, Japanese bikes just handle so much better, especially the rmz. The honda would be my second choice, kxf third, I haven't rode either but from what I've read I wouldn't like how the kxf handles/feels.

Not a fan of air forks myself, get the year before the air forks. 11-12 crf450r or yz450f 12-present. Kxf seem to have reliability issues when researching them, no personal experience. Not a fan of yellow, there's gotta be a reason there the cheapest out of the bunch and orange seems over priced all around.

Well there arent any kxfs around at the dealerships...anyway im a real brand loyalist. It hurt me to switch from honda to ktm. Lol but with these new air forks iv been questioning hond and suzukis"great cornering" is grabbin my attention...especially Fter comin off of this ktm. Iv tried everything and the forks just suck. No offense