Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Jetting

I am heading up to Colorado some time between 8/17 and 9/10, riding some loops around Ouray (Engineer, Black Bear, imogene, etc... - 8,000 - 14,000 ft or so)  I have done the 3x3 mod, and running stock exhaust.  I have a JD Jet kit installed and currently running the 25 pilot, blue #3 , 155 main jet.   Can someone tell me how I should rejet?  Not sure if it is just changing to the red needle or not.

There should be specs for 8000+ feet in the instructions. I've been up to Colorado about 4 times now with the 3x3 mod and stock exhaust. I set it to whatever the JD instructions say. Bike runs great, plug looks clean. I've been up to about 12,500. You might have to jack with your extended fuel screw once you get up there. My bike would not start crisply. Had to turn the screw way in.

BTW, I've been running the red needle on #3 here in Dallas (@500ft) due to the hot/humid conditions (also suggested in the JD instructions). Seems to run great.

Edited by Filipe
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone!  I found it in the instructions after I posted.... duh... but good to know it works well.  Also thanks Fillpe, that is good to know too.  I may just leave the red clip in after I get back while it is still hot and humid.  

• Like 1

For stock exhaust , 3x3 mod, 8,000 ft + use..

142.5 Main jet

Red Needle , clip 3

22.5 pilot jet with extended fuel screw or 25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw

2.5 turns

• Like 2