Sign in to follow this  

suzuki drz400 exhaust repositioning

right, i posted a couple of days ago about aftermarket exhausts and everyone spoke of the mrd z pro, so ive decided to get that, but what i was wondering was is there any way i can change the exhaust position? i saw some yoshi exhausts end up near the foot rests, ill link pics, so i was wondering is there any way i could do that with the mrd? or would i just have to buy the yoshi or have a front pipe fabricated? thanks in advance!!

446b6db9f821e4183afc3128e650787b.jpg

attachment.jpg

DRZ400SM019-2.jpg

ff23067d1b871bc6ce730b0ced1afb2c.jpg

Well, I think it would be easiest to just buy the yosh, unless you are up to fabricating it. Anything can be done if we have the skills.

right, i posted a couple of days ago about aftermarket exhausts and everyone spoke of the mrd z pro, so ive decided to get that, but what i was wondering was is there any way i can change the exhaust position? i saw some yoshi exhausts end up near the foot rests, ill link pics, so i was wondering is there any way i could do that with the mrd? or would i just have to buy the yoshi or have a front pipe fabricated? thanks in advance!!

I doubt Dave would be able to fit making that type of configuration into his already busy schedule. I would just recommend going Yoshi.....they are a great pipe, look really good and it's a bolt-up, easy - peazy.

• Like 4

I doubt Dave would be able to fit making that type of configuration into his already busy schedule. I would just recommend going Yoshi.....they are a great pipe, look really good and it's a bolt-up, easy - peazy.

You'd prob end up paying alot more than a yosh to have him custom fab one up. Plus the wait time on it would be super ridiculous considering it says 2-4 weeks or something like that to get the Z-Pro.
  • Like 1

its a dirt bike why do people wanna put underslung ehausts on a dirt bike??? just my opinion sorry 

Most usually just supermotos that run the street only and have no problems with bottoming out the on trees and other big obstacles like S and Offroad SM guys do!

its a dirt bike why do people wanna put underslung ehausts on a dirt bike??? just my opinion sorry 

Is a supermoto bike still a dirtbike?

Most usually just supermotos that run the street only and have no problems with bottoming out the on trees and other big obstacles like S and Offroad SM guys do!

i dont think they look right, kinda like this  :smirk:  sorry  :D

18s0edd9ejjazjpg.jpg

Edited by carlspeaky

Just pay Dave@mrd a couple of grand and I am sure he would help you out,, :cool: ,,,

Your talking a total pipe re routing to make it look similar the RS-4 shape..., very time consuming stuff...

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 1

The worst thing on this Yoshies is when you fall... They say exhaust will get "nice" damage when the bike sile or fall. I didn't had one but it seems that is right. 

• Like 1

The worst thing on this Yoshies is when you fall... They say exhaust will get "nice" damage when the bike sile or fall. I didn't had one but it seems that is right. 

Yes, not sure if you can buy individual replacement mufflers for the twice pipes...I would be something to inquire about before you dump you cash....