Sign in to follow this  

Zeta Armor Handguards w/ signals

Anyone had luck with these? do they break when you drop them? I have to fix my front turn signals.( DRC signal mounts are not very good ) I already have the actual handguard but if anyone has good experiences with these i might give them a try.

• Like 1

Anyone had luck with these? do they break when you drop them? I have to fix my front turn signals.( DRC signal mounts are not very good ) I already have the actual handguard but if anyone has good experiences with these i might give them a try.

Have had mine for a quite a while and they are holding up great. They take a lot of hits, manzanita, branches that encroach on the trail, and more than my share of dirt naps......takes a likin' and keeps on tickin' as the saying goes. Highly recommend them. The signals are very bright, even though they are not DOT, they easily can be seen. Two thumbs up from me... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Have had mine for a quite a while and they are holding up great. They take a lot of hits, manzanita, branches that encroach on the trail, and more than my share of dirt naps......takes a likin' and keeps on tickin' as the saying goes. Highly recommend them. The signals are very bright, even though they are not DOT, they easily can be seen. Two thumbs up from me... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have them too. i didnt buy them but i would if i didnt already buy the plain ones for my other bike. They're pretty nice..

• Like 1

Are they hard to wire up?

I too have them, they are very durable!! Although one of my blinkers broke and fell out.....a darn tree got in my way. But the rest of the handgaurd survived no problem. Thats a pretty extreme hit though, they have been through a lot of other spills and branches that most people don't do have an issue with. lol

They are very easy to wire up. Just unplug your old blinkers and you can either cut wires off of the old blinker so you still can use the oem connector for ease of removal later on down the road or you can simply splice them to your wire harness. I like the first option because it is more oem looking. The new blinkers come with plenty of wire so thats not an issue there. Test it before you permanently make your connections, led's only work with the right polarity (positive and negative wires) unlike a standard bulb. This is easy, once you have your wires stripped just touch the wires from the blinker to the wires on the bike and turn the blinker on, if it works then you have your polarity correct, if not then switch the wires around. You won't hurt them by having the polarity wrong, they just won't light up. As far as running the wire, let the imagination run wild, but its easy and clean to run it down the handle bar and use some zip ties to hold it there.

• Like 3

I too have them, they are very durable!! Although one of my blinkers broke and fell out.....a darn tree got in my way. But the rest of the handgaurd survived no problem. Thats a pretty extreme hit though, they have been through a lot of other spills and branches that most people don't do have an issue with. lol

They are very easy to wire up. Just unplug your old blinkers and you can either cut wires off of the old blinker so you still can use the oem connector for ease of removal later on down the road or you can simply splice them to your wire harness. I like the first option because it is more oem looking. The new blinkers come with plenty of wire so thats not an issue there. Test it before you permanently make your connections, led's only work with the right polarity (positive and negative wires) unlike a standard bulb. This is easy, once you have your wires stripped just touch the wires from the blinker to the wires on the bike and turn the blinker on, if it works then you have your polarity correct, if not then switch the wires around. You won't hurt them by having the polarity wrong, they just won't light up. As far as running the wire, let the imagination run wild, but its easy and clean to run it down the handle bar and use some zip ties to hold it there.

+1 what sumofergie is saying.....

I forgot to suggest, and this is my personal opinion. There are two styles of handgaurd "drop" and straight. I like the "drop" style so you can slide your hands off the bars quickly if you drop it, the straight ones are nice too but you could catch your hands on them easily.

Drop style

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZETA-ATV-MOTOCROSS-ENDURO-HAND-GUARDS-TURN-SIGNALS-HANDGUARDS-FLASHER-White-PAIR-/351139628654?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c18d866e&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

I have and like these. You can also buy just the front protector in different colors and with 2 screws swap over your blinkers without removing anything but the protector. They have held up great to some real abuse on my dirt setup. I would suggest like has been said to test wiring before final but I would not use the connectors that come with it. Use good waterproof crimp or solder connectors. You will like them.

• Like 3

Never had them, but if I ever stray from the stock ones this is how I'm 'rollin'.   I just love the way they look, especially with the

PowerMadd mirrors !  :huh:

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 2