Sign in to follow this  

Do these come apart?

Hey Guys,

Does the High Tension lead separate from the coil on a 1983 XL6 or are they one piece?  Just wanted to know before I go out and start jerking on it. :devil:   I would like to replace it with a new one.

Stator 022a.jpg

Thanks,

ME

Most motorcycle ignition coils have a removeable coil wire and cap......they unscrew from each other....make sure when you unscrew it that the screw isn`t rusted badly....

The screw is built into the cap and the coil........when you install a new one you screw it on so the screw goes into the wire for contact..

B

Edited by brianhare

I'd say no on the 600..The sparker end normally does,,doesn't matter if it doesn't as you'd just chop off the sparker cap and put a new one..The other end is the problem. They don't like easy stuff anymore..Solid..replace the lot for more profit to the big man.. :facepalm:

Thanks for all the replies.  Tuesday I ordered a new plug cap from my local dealer, received it today, will install soon.  Heart, I do have a spare....With my way of thinking, if I use it then I won't have a spare anymore.  :facepalm: