Sign in to follow this  

Clutch problems on KTM 125sx.

Hi. I have a KTM 125sx 2003. When I pull my clutch and put the bike in first it stalls. The bike wants to keep moving even though I have the cluctch in. What could be wrong and what can I do to fix it? I tried bleeding the clutch but it didnt make a difference.

No I havent but i will try and see if it works. Thanks

Does the clutch lever feel normal? Grooved clutch basket?

• Like 1

Yes it feels normal. When I pull it I can hear it engage but it still doesn't work properly. I will try back bleeding it this weekend.

Yes it feels normal. When I pull it I can hear it engage but it still doesn't work properly. I will try back bleeding it this weekend.

If the clutch lever feels normal bleeding it probably wont do anything. Try this first, remove the oil fill plug and pull in the clutch, when you do that do you see the basket separate?  If so then your master/slave are working properly and it's more than likely a grooved basket, could also be clutch plates stuck together. 

you can look in the oil fill hole with a flashlite and see it. The edges of the basket fingers may look wavy if it is grooved

The basket doesn't look grooved. I back bled the system and went for a 10km ride. Seems to be working fine now. There was quite a bit of air in the system, thanks for all the help guys.

I had the same problem on my 2008 300 XCW. I tried to file and sand the grooves in the clutch basket, but it was the same. I had to replace the basket. The new clutch basket did not come with the gears on the bottom. The dealer had to install them for me with rivets. But it works fine now.

i had my bike do that to me once, I  took the clutch slave cylinder  off and pulled the clutch lever a couple times to get the slave cylinder piston out more put slave cylinder back on and its worked great every since,

I bought the magura bleed kit and it ruined all my rubber with the mineral oil so I replaced everything in the master cylinder and slave and new hydraulic line bleed it out. Filed the basket and sanded the clutch plates and it still won't disengage fully