Sign in to follow this  

90 CR linkage broken - part discontinued... what now?

My 1990 CR 250 has a shot rear shock linkage. One of the parts (part no. 52470-KZ3-702) is discontinued. See the attached file, #27:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-10 um 20.45.59.png

I tried ebay, no luck. Now I need some advice. Who would I speak to in order to get that particular linkage rod? Do other years interchange?

So I used to get a ton of parts from cycle salvage yards. See if there is anything near you. I bought a complete 1985 xr350 frame in 02 or so. 85 was the only year xr350 with the oil in the frame so it was rare and they found it for me. They have a network of many different yards they can get stuff from. I live in California and the frame came from Colorado.

Good luck,

Chris

My 1990 CR 250 has a shot rear shock linkage. One of the parts (part no. 52470-KZ3-702) is discontinued. See the attached file, #27:

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2014-08-10 um 20.45.59.png

I tried ebay, no luck. Now I need some advice. Who would I speak to in order to get that particular linkage rod? Do other years interchange?

What exactly is shot?  Is it the main wishbone part, or the bearings, seals, etc.?  If it is bearing and seals, you should be able to measure what you pull out of there, then go from there.

What exactly is shot?  Is it the main wishbone part, or the bearings, seals, etc.?  If it is bearing and seals, you should be able to measure what you pull out of there, then go from there.

This. Many of these parts are so close that another yr will fit just fine. Honda changed these parts often with little change in performance. Aftermarket pieces are often available also. Either way, with the popularity of these bikes  that part should be relatively easy to find.

Edited by YHGEORGE